Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here while back I had my Cabin at the Lake with two Lots for sale for $15,000.Some thought it was too high.Well I decided not to sell it.

Well today I checked on just one Lot there that was For Sale,they are asking $15,000 for it. :eek:

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
5,019 Posts
Rock, I was thinking as I read this--the other day, didnt I read that you were wanting to make extra money? Have you thought about renting your cabin? by the night, or by the weekend? or perhaps, for a week? might be cautious, to make sure it isnt destroyed--but rent is high in the area---just a thought?

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ceresone said:
Rock, I was thinking as I read this--the other day, didnt I read that you were wanting to make extra money? Have you thought about renting your cabin? by the night, or by the weekend? or perhaps, for a week? might be cautious, to make sure it isnt destroyed--but rent is high in the area---just a thought?
There was a Guy over there that tried that.He got in trouble with the Property Owners Association.But some of the people he had in there was trashing the place and Shower House.

With the price of gas its costing us at least $100 for a weekend up there. :Bawling:

big rockpile

·
Registered
360 Posts
You might be suprised to find out the prices of some of the lake cabins. A friend of mine is divorcing and selling theirs on the Lake of the Ozarks. It's a crappy old trailer on a very small lot with a boat dock. You'll never guess what it's worth...........$225,000. Imagine that!

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
susieM said:
Here we go, again!

This time, REALLY sell it...like to a non-family member. And hide the money.
No I'm not going to Sell it.DW is making better money.We'll just do some more work on it.

Either just go up there every so often.

Sell this place and move up there.

Or move up there and keep this place.But if we do that won't be long and someone will burn all the Buildings.

Even with lots of other Property Owners close around you hardly ever see anyone,other than Security.I know I was having trouble with the Gate and Security checked to see if I was who I said I was.But this is good because this is what we asked for at the last meeting. :shrug:

big rockpile

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Asking price means very little. Find out what somebody actually sold one (or two or three) for. Those numbers will be a lot more reliable.

As for making a little extra cash, you might rent the cabin by the hour. A local preacher might have such a need. :)

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
"You might be suprised to find out the prices of some of the lake cabins. A friend of mine is divorcing and selling theirs on the Lake of the Ozarks. It's a crappy old trailer on a very small lot with a boat dock. You'll never guess what it's worth...........$225,000. Imagine that!"

Asking or sold price.

I suspect some of it is the lot's location and lake access. New buyer would like buy a mini-McMansion on it.

Two aunts had lake lots in Door (sp?) County, WI. Buyer torn down the old cottages and rebuilt what would qualify as year-round residences. Chicago people mostly.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
edcopp said:
Asking price means very little. Find out what somebody actually sold one (or two or three) for. Those numbers will be a lot more reliable.

As for making a little extra cash, you might rent the cabin by the hour. A local preacher might have such a need. :)
Well one Cabin sold next to me for $45K and it has less than my place.Now there is a Cabin across the road I thought was sold but now I'm not sure.

Thing about our Cabin its between Truman and Lake of the Ozarks.Just a lot of water there.

Most these people come from Kansas City.And their there only in the Summer.

Yea Ken Scharabok did you hear what John Q. Hammons' is doing up at Lake of the Ozarks? I think he is investing in some Condos up there.You go to talking about him and its like Trump of the Ozarks.

big rockpile

1 - 9 of 9 Posts