Growing Bags

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by suelandress, Apr 29, 2004.

1. suelandress

suelandress Windy Island Acres Supporter

Has anyonne successfu;;y used the plastic growing bags?
    If so, how did you get water down to the bottom? How about drainage?
    Seemed like a great idea, but now that I stuck the plants in, I'm beginning to wonder....... :confused:

2. john#4

john#4 Well-Known Member

:p Sue,
    Go to google type in “Plant growing bags” another one is “Planting in plant growing bags”
    Both have a ton of info. You can grow almost anything in them. You will find intuitions, what to plant, how to, etc.
    John#4

3. hi sue,

just pricked out my vegetable starts into quart size grow bags. Mine have holes on the sides but not on the bottom so I cut an extra slit on the bottom of the bags to assure good drainage. Also, keep handling of bags to a minimum to prevent soil compaction. Lots of growers have good success with grow bags and your plants should be fine. Best of luck ~ Jimmy Mack

4. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

well thats a new one on me never heard of growing bags.

5. yea, I meant to say 1/2 gallon size bags. They come in all different sizes and the larger ones like 5 gallons and above even come with handles.

one thing I like about them is that they store easily and are fairly inexpenive

there's some listed at groworganic.com for more info, Jimmy