Greetings to all

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Pork Chop, May 25, 2005.

1. Pork Chop

Pork Chop Member

Hello there everyone.

I am new to this board and just wanted to say hello. My family and I are about to make the big move. We are not new to homesteading but have used different aspects of it for years, well in my case my whole life. We are searching for land in Missouri. The ozarks, the most beautiful place on earth, well thats how my family and i feel. Have been searching for land for sometime. But baicly been gathering everything that we may need. I haven't been to MO in a a couple years, but im sure it hasn't changed much. I or i should say we are itching to go. Just some loose ends need to be tied up. We hop[e everything will be in order by August. but we are not sure yet. Only time and the evil one(MONEY) can tell.

How many are from MO. on this board? If anyone has any good leads on land 5 plus acres on a contract deal please let me know. The last time i was in MO. i saw places that have large storage buildings/ sheds or whatever you want to call them, they had them for sale with a small down payment and so much a month and they would deliver anyone know of such a thing.

Well cant think of much else to say, everyone be good, and god bless.

PORK CHOP

2. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

I just wrote to say welcome!!! I live on the west coast so I cant help ya on the land issue.

3. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

.......................Welcome , PC . You're really going to enjoy spending time on this site . Lots and Lots of very nice and helpful people who can answer almost any question you can conjure Up on any subject . Good luck on your move and hope you can get everything done before the Snow flies , fordy.. :)

4. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi! Welcome to one of the --- okay, THE coolest board on the 'Net!

Glad you're here!

Pony!

5. bugstabber

bugstabber Chief cook & weed puller Supporter

Welcome! If you go to the buttons on the upper right of the screen you will find a members button. Once you've clicked on that you go to advanced search, and then you can search by state. You should check full state name, then the initials. Not everyone gives a location, though. Have fun!

6. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

welcome we are makeing a move in sept. right over the border from you ar. the ozarks are beautiful

7. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

8. ozarkmomma

ozarkmomma Well-Known Member

Hi! I'm a Missourian! Just wanted to say hi and wish you luck on finding a nice place! I am originally from Ripley County (close to Arkansas line), but currently living near Fredericktown, Mo. Land prices are fairly reasonable in Mo compared to a lot of other states from what I've seen. Just depends what part of the state. You could check out http://www.morealestate.net/listings.htm . You can search all kinds of price ranges, acreage, owner financing, counties, etc.

9. Nan(TX)

Nan(TX) Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board! My husband and I were seasonal park rangers at the Ozark National Scenic Riverways for five years. So yes we can vouch for good ole, Mo ole being one of the most beautiful places on earth. West Plains and Mountain View would be my choice for a homestead if we were to ever leave Texas.

10. blazingguns

blazingguns Well-Known Member

11. Pork Chop

Pork Chop Member

Hello again to everyone.
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure i will find this site extremely valuble. Thanks for the sites y'all mentioned. I'll check them out. To those missourians does anyone need any kind of farm help for just the summer or whatever the harvest. Just curious. What about those storge/ barn buildings does anyone know of these??? The ones you can buy on terms? Is there a possible site ? Has anyone ever dealt with Neil Shelton? Ozarkland.com? Or Barker realty? If anyone knows any other sites like these please share. Whats the Branson area like? Like say within 30-50 miles of Branson? Cheap land? Building restrictions?

Pork Chop

12. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    Welcome to the Forum. I have dual citizenship. Live and work in Illinois but have a Homestead Im working on for retirement near Lebanon Missouri in Laclede county.
    be sure to check out www.unitedcountry.com and look at all the Missouri listings.
    Lots of interesting properties there.

13. BeeFree

BeeFree Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the board and MO.

I live near Doniphan in Ripley Co. It is beautiful here as Doniphan sets on Current River.

I have seen the advertisements for the barns in magazines, but haven't spoke with anyone that has one.

My neighbor had a metal garage/barn combo built about 5 yr ago and I think it cost him around 20,000. It is big, so I would guess that the smaller ones would be cheaper.

Hope you find a good place here in MO, and keep posting to the board to let us know how things are going. ;)

14. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

Over on Countryside Families, Sancraft posted about getting a rent to own storage building (cabin). She posted a link to the site. I am computer challenged, so can't give you the link, but I think you could find her post on it pretty easily.

The web site is for a company out of Georgia. No down payment, rent to own, and the prices seem very reasonable. If they were in my neck of the woods, I'd be ordering one! Unfortunately, they're in Georgia, and I'm out here in WA, not too far from Crashy, I think?

edited to add: WELCOME to the board. I haven't been here all that long, but I really love this site. So nice to find (mostly) likeminded folks to talk to!

15. john#4

john#4 Well-Known Member

Pork Chop,
    Welcome to the board. You will find a ton of information here.

Neal Shelton, we got two places from him. We found him very fair and if I were to go back there would deal with him again. In the Willow Springs area, there is was\ little work. So bring your own job with you. It is a nice area.
    We used Neal some years ago.
    John#4