Greenhouses

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by johnghagen, Sep 8, 2004.

1. johnghagen

johnghagen Well-Known Member

Does anyone have anygood sites on greenhouses we are thinking on expanding our operation and growing our own plants for our farm market.All help would be great Thanks John :confused:

2. john#4

john#4 Well-Known Member

Go into Yahoo groups, in their search type in greenhouse. There are several quite good ones. I hope this helps,
    John#4

3. PonderosaQ

PonderosaQ Well-Known Member Supporter

Depends a little on whether you want to go to an agricultural supplier or stick with something smaller. If send more info on your ideas I amy be able to help more but here are a few ideas to get your going.

www.farmtek.com/

www.greenhousegarden.com/

www.Growersupply.com/

www.Carlinsales.com/

You can get idea on prices by looking at the greenhouses listed on e-bay. Plus if you pull up one you like you'll find out the name of the manufacturer and can learn more that way. I'm presume you don't want little home models like the ones carried by Charley's.

Have you ever had a greenhouse before? There are lots of knowledgeable people here that will gladly help you answers to your questions if have questions.

Good luck...greenhouses are cool!

PQ

4. willow_girl

willow_girl Very Dairy

Where are you at, John? Anywhere near Michigan? I saw an ad posted on the bulletin board at the Amish store yesterday ... can't recall the details but remember thinking the price was a steal.

5. johnghagen

johnghagen Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone we are in central IL.The operation we are looking for now would be big enough to fully utilize the heater and fan that we would need.A one heater and fan size unit.We think to start out a size of 20X20 would work.The plan is to grow around 2500 plants per season and something to play in after the season is over just to experiment on new ideas.Thank You John and Rhonda(Good Earth Farm) :)

6. 3girls

3girls Well-Known Member

Check out Eliot Coleman's books. They are very useful for market production. Also, the journal, Growing for Market. They have a booklet of articles and how-to's for Hoophouse growing.

Sandi