Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully I can get some good suggestions....

We are planning to put a greenhouse up next fall. The goal is to make it a chicken greenhouse Salatin style.

I'm looking for recommendations for company's that offer commercial styles. Any info will help, if you have one where did you get it and how do you like it.

I'm looking for something that I can drive a small tractor in to.

We are in upstate NY so it needs to be winter ready. Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
I have bought greenhouse film for my hoophouse from Farmtek, they are very helpful and now send me catalogs offering credit to purchase.

·
Banned
6,042 Posts
Farmtek has everything... Including high prices.

Look for a local supplier of the materials. You will get a better price.

I see your in NY try Rimol. http://www.rimolgreenhouses.com/

P.S. Please note Farmtek is a top shelf outfit and I have bought from them in the past and expect to again in the future.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I used martins produce supplies in PA.. they have a catalog, and prices are reasonable (lower than farmtek). However, I ordered a bunch of tubing to build my own GH, (about 1k worth) and 2x it showed up completed fked up, bent, dinged, some were folded almost in half... It took many more weeks to get it right. Martins claimed it was the shipping company... which I tend to believe as on his way out on the 2nd delivery (came while not home) he drove past my barn (where I told him not too) and took out the overhead electric line. ....

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Farmtek has everything... Including high prices.
Yep !

I've bought from them too. No complaints about quality or service.....they WILL catalog you to death once you do buy from them (and who do you think is paying for that ? ).

For example, I bought a roll of 4yr greenhouse plastic (just the plain plastic...not anti condesate/etc)....40x100. It was $5.25/ft....or $525.

Nolts Supply in Maryland ( member Tarheel here turned me on to this place) has the same stuff for $320....right at 40% less !

Now, Nolts has a crappy online presence...you have to download a PDF of their catalog and page thru it....no fancy graphics like FarmTek (again....WHO is paying for that ? )....and when you call them, you get some ole farmer sounding guy ( fine by me )....probably Mr. Nolt.....but hey, for 40% less, I shop there ! He will send you a physical catalog if you request it.

http://www.noltsproducesupplies.net/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts