Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired an 8X12 aluminum frame glass greenhouse and am preparing for my first winter growing in it. Does anyone else here grow in a greenhouse?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Congrats! I have not yet grown all thru the winter as I don't heat mine. But have started seeds in it about March on. Plan this year to try starting cold tolerant things this fall and harvesting thru the winter. What is your plan? Lisa

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks chicky, I think I am going to try as much as I can get away with here in zone 7. I think I will try a lot of herbs and some lettuce greens and hopefully if I get adventurous, some winter tomatoes.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have an 8' x 8' greenhouse we built last winter. I have not gone through a whole year yet with it... but intend to grow lettuce/spinach and other cool season crops in the unheated but protected environment of the greenhouse. I am in a relatively mild climate area ... with only a few weeks of any real cold - with the worst being around 20 degrees for lows.

Right now... I have peppers and a couple hot house tomatoes plants in the greenhouse - along with the seed starting trays/tables and adjustable lights for seed starting. I most sincerely LOVE LOVE LOVE my little greenhouse. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.