Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
I went to Castleberrys site and they said to take them back to where you bought them for a refund.

G

·
I've been to the FDA recall site, and Castlebury's site. I can't find anything about green beans.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
They most certainly should give people their money back !! Who can afford to just throw money away like that ??
I just don't know when it will end with all this unsafe food.
I thought it was also cut green beans, but this said just French cut green beans.

This is one reason I also can my own, plus teach others to also safely preserve foods.
I know, I get a lot of flack from folks saying I am too concerned with safe preserving of foods, but this is exactly why. Too risky for me not to do it by the book.

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
FiddleKat said:
Good Lord! I put green beans in my stew tonight!

Although it wasn't Castleberry's. Is it just Castleberry's??
No, it is a number of different brands including those sold by Aldi's.

Please note that it is only the French cut green beans that are under alert.

That site is almost enough to scare a person to stop eating altogether. lol.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I had a case of Botulism when I was in Middle school. Homemade dear sausage, 46 kids out of 60 students got sick, I and 3 others hospitalized.
No french cut green beans in my future.

·
Failure is not an option.
2,623 Posts
Aldi Users,

Aldi sells the french cut green beans under the "Happy Harvest" brand name...better check your pantry.

The link from mzzlisa above: http://www.fda.gov/opacom/7alerts.html

leads to links that tell more about the can id numbers that are bad,other brand names,etc.

RF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.