Great News!!!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by michelleIL, Oct 13, 2004.

1. michelleIL

michelleIL tryna be His

The new job I started this week is at a fast food joint...but that's not the good part.....the good part is it's third shift, and FULLL TIME...plus.....I get free food!!! Woohoo! I'm gonna get fat!
    One step closer to cutting up my foodstamp card!
    :D :D :D

2. Kathy in MD

Kathy in MD Well-Known Member Supporter

Congratulations!!!!! The full time is great. The free food is great also, but only if it's healthy free food. I just rid of 50 lbs. worth of Kids Meals.

3. coalroadcabin

coalroadcabin Well-Known Member

Congrats Michelle. I worked fast food all through high school and college and for the first year that I was married. Some folks put it down, I don't know why. It is actually a pretty good job. If you work front line you get to meet a lot of people and if you are super nice and friendly they really, really appreciate it because they don't expect it. It's nice to put a smile on someone's face. Plus the free food is great, maybe not the best for your waistline but you can't beat the price!!

4. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

Congratulations!
    I want to take a few minutes to share a true story with you.
    I am well acquainted with a woman that suddenly found herself having to provide for her 3 children and she had NO prior work experience outside the home. Her husband just left! She managed to get a job at McDonalds working the counter. To try to make ends meet she worked any overtime offered and at a moments notice. Due to her enthusiasm, the franchise owner of the McD's gave her the opportunity to learn many of the tasks with her fill in hours. Within a matter of months she became the shift leader and qualified to attend the school that McD's has. Afterward she returned to the same store and became the store manager and applied for a franchise thru the program that existed for minority owners and managed to get a store in a remote little town in Georgia. In Georgia she applied the same work ethics as previous and the store was very successful enabling her to qualify for another store which she now owns in a nearby state.
    She is now financially sound, her children are out of school and she is planning for the future with a new husband. Hard work does have its rewards.
    Good luck with your new venture. :)

5. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Congrats to you Michelle! Make the most of it and enjoy-it sounds like you will!

6. Gypsy

Gypsy Well-Known Member

Funny to think about, but if you are a consumer we’re actually speaking about a group of folks who as a service provider have more direct control over your health than most physicians. I for one applaud your work ethic and congratulate you on this step to self sufficiency.

7. Haggis

Haggis MacCurmudgeon

God Bless, and good luck in the new digs.

8. 3girls

3girls Well-Known Member

Yea-a-a-a Michelle!! You are on your way. Best wishes to a wonderful future.

Sandi

9. insanity

insanity Well-Known Member

Good for you! Free Food,cool! :D
    I just loved 3rd shift!Could get off when the sun came up.Stop by the lake on my way home and catch a couple a fish.Go home and sleep for a few hours.Get up and goof off for a while,then head back to work.Oh and of coarse stop back by the lake on my way in! Um but i was late a few times just cause the fish just wouldn't stop biting! :D

10. Jim East Tn

Jim East Tn Well-Known Member

You Go Girl!!

Work hard, Work extra, Work for yourself, Work for your kids, Work as if for the Son, Himself.

11. MaKettle

MaKettle Well-Known Member

In these times with so much bad news, your news is SO welcome. I'm so happy for you. Thanks for sharing.

12. breezynosacek

breezynosacek Well-Known Member

That is really wonderful news. And, if you have some small livestock the leftovers make great pig food.