Great neighbors

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by ozark_jewels, Jan 19, 2007.

1. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

You know, we really do have great neighbors. They are an elderly retired couple. They have been letting us run three cows and a horse on their bottom pasture as it was empty and we were short on grass. I asked him what rent would be before we moved them down there and he just sort of said we'll talk about it later. Well time flies by and two months have passed since we put the livestock down there. I dropped by today to pay him rent for the pasture. He refused to allow me to pay, sent me home with venison he had shot, and informed me that if it snowed this weekend, he would be over to plow the drive. His wife also asked if she might come over when there were a lot of kids on the ground to see them. What a nice couple! We've dealt with the "neighbors from hell" the last two places we have lived. This is wonderful!!! They are so self sufficient they never have anything for me to do for them....guess I'll just have to bake them some bread and cookies. The salt of the earth, really. :)

2. rockinl

rockinl Well-Known Member

It warmed me up just to hear you tell of them. You are very lucky. I imagine they feel lucky to be by you too.

Thanks for sharing, Kimberly

3. Fla Gal

Fla Gal Bunny Poo Monger Supporter

Sounds to me like they're wanting to help out the young couple across the way. Call all those children, have them come over and invite the neighbors for a get together.

Have some homemade pie and ice cream. Explain the situation to the children and have them draw refrigerator decorations and give them to the neighbors. Oh... don't forget to include your drawing, with kind words, too!

It's nice to hear someone has some good neighbors to live next to and help them out. :)

4. Christiaan

Christiaan Dutch Highlands Farm

Thanks for sharing your good neighbors with us. The neighbors from hell themes do get to be a bit soul deadening after awhile.
    We have pretty good neighbors around us, too, but your's are fantastic!

5. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

It sure is nice to hear a little good news.