Great money-making idea for all you gardeners to chew on!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by willow_girl, Dec 18, 2004.

1. willow_girl

willow_girl Very Dairy

I was talking with a friend yesterday .. he just came back from a farm conference, and passed along an idea I found VERY intriguing and thought I'd share it with you guys! :)

He apparently had talked to a woman who makes money off her garden by inviting wedding parties to come in and cut and arrange their own bouquets! I'm not sure how she calculated prices -- by the stem (seems like that could be a PITA) or bouquet (bet you'd see some huge bouquets going out then being rearranged later, giggle) but I guess she mentioned she makes about $400 per booking.

WOWSA! :eek:

I found this really interesting, because we had a garden wedding here last year for my stepson and his bride, and the girls cut flowers from my garden for all their bouquets and table arrangements, and really seemed to get a kick out of it! :)

I was thinking this idea could really be elaborated upon, with some sort of tent set up, refreshments, and a little professional assistance in flower-arranging. ;) Another option would be to let the customers cut their bouquets, then the proprietor stores everything overnight, arranges it and gets it to the church on time.

Anyway, I thought I'd pass this along in case it might be helpful to anyone! :)

2. diane

diane Well-Known Member

Interesting concept!! Your mind could really wrap around that one. Like a pegoda in the middle of the rose garden.........provide the whole garden wedding. Now couldn't that be a money maker!!!

3. willow_girl

willow_girl Very Dairy

Yeah ... until the first time my goats got out and crashed the party!

:eek: :eek: :no: :yeeha:

4. jackie c

jackie c Well-Known Member

Or my pigs!!!!!! :yeeha: ridem pigboy!