Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
US Warehouses are near capacity and even though shipping is down, new goods are still coming into the country with no place to store them.

I would expect some really great prices by Christmas.

Amazon Warehouse

I just learned about this. It is a special section on the Amazon site for returned or damaged items. Items are assigned a grade and a discounted price. Just click on the drop-down menu and select Amazon Warehouse. My understanding is you can get a good deal on open box items.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The whole country is starting to pickup on this new optimistic trend. Just goes to show that with

the right people leading the way, americu can recover from 4 years of stagnation. :)

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The whole country is starting to pickup on this new optimistic trend. Just goes to show that with

the right people leading the way, americu can recover from 4 years of stagnation. :)
The economy is tanking and you call it optimistic. You are nothing more than a provocateur, so this is the last time I play your silly game.

·
Registered
22,693 Posts
US Warehouses are near capacity and even though shipping is down, new goods are still coming into the country with no place to store them.

I would expect some really great prices by Christmas.

Amazon Warehouse

I just learned about this. It is a special section on the Amazon site for returned or damaged items. Items are assigned a grade and a discounted price. Just click on the drop-down menu and select Amazon Warehouse. My understanding is you can get a good deal on open box items.
Goods are piling up because people are no longer buy unnecessary things due to inflation eating up their incomes. You are right. There will be some good buys because companies cannot afford to have trillions of dollars invested in products that people aren't buying. It is all due to a horrible economy. Government reports numbers that make them look good. For example, they will report retail sales up over last year and that may be true dollarwise. But they don't report the numbers of actual items sold, and that is what matters. Sales could be up 10% dollarwise, but if inflation is up 20%, fewer items were actually sold.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Goods are piling up because people are no longer buy unnecessary things due to inflation eating up their incomes. You are right. There will be some good buys because companies cannot afford to have trillions of dollars invested in products that people aren't buying. It is all due to a horrible economy. Government reports numbers that make them look good. For example, they will report retail sales up over last year and that may be true dollarwise. But they don't report the numbers of actual items sold, and that is what matters. Sales could be up 10% dollarwise, but if inflation is up 20%, fewer items were actually sold.
Preach on. I hear the fanbois talking about sales up 5% when that is a HUGE drop in unit's sold when the real inflation rate is ~17%.

Anyway, I am sure everything is fine. ......

·
Premium Member
24,402 Posts
The economy is tanking and you call it optimistic. You are nothing more than a provocateur, so this is the last time I play your silly game.
We could all agree to use the "ignore" function, until the incarnation of his newest sock puppet.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts

I don't like getting personal in my replies, but you've proven you're a cretin....Warehouse inventory is building up because nobody is buying, thanks to high prices...The rule in econmics is thst the cure for high prices is hgh prices.

The warehouses/stores will try to move merchanidise by lowering prices, but until the warehouses get some empty space, they'll stop ordering new stock---> manufacturing (jobs) will decrease.--> that forces the economy to RECEDE, ie- be in RECESSION.

While we may argue about the operational definition of "Recession," the defintion of "A Receding Economy" is absolute, defined by the math-- negative growth is receding; positive growth is advancing.

Prices come down when we don;t buy. We don;t buy when our FREEDOM to buy has been reduced by high prices-- high prices caused by high eneregy prices-- high energy prices caused on purpose by policies meant to destroy America.

·
Premium Member
7,402 Posts
You Do have a way of explaining things!

Mon

Reactions: Pony

·
Premium Member
24,402 Posts
ANYway....

If this windfall of sorts is happening, it would be a good opportunity to acquire things for which one may have been saving, or which one may need in the long view of life in the future.

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
People i know are not buying. They sure did buy unnecessary stuff with the covid money. Boats a big one with lots of kids to add dollars to the hand out. Furniture and some still not delivered

1 - 17 of 17 Posts