Grandmother said goat milk kept her from arthritis

Discussion in 'Goats' started by thousandhill, Jan 22, 2005.

1. thousandhill

thousandhill New Member

This is what my grandmother claimed and she never had any problems with arthritis. Didn't know if she just said that or others have had success this way with ailments that goat milk has helped. The countries that use goat milk exclusively don't seem to have problems with arthritis. I suppose they also eat goat meat in addition which may be a factor as well. Thought I would post to see if anyone has received any health benefit since they started with goats?????

I have arthritic problems but have dairied only cows in southern wisconsin. I'm selling my surge equipment on barterboard, so I'm out of the cow business and wondered if I should take up my grandmother's advice and get a doe or two just for myself and see if it helps me. I suppose it wouldn't hurt anything to try. Just curious as to what other folks think or have experienced.

Dan

2. Kasidy

Kasidy Well-Known Member

I am betting that she was just lucky. It is hard to prove a negative!! I have had goats for over 20 years--drinking and cooking with their milk. My grandmother and my aunt had terrible arthritis in their hands---and so do I. I think that the excercise of milking every morning for ten months helps keep my hands somewhat limber. I know they seem much stiffer during the two months I do not milk.

3. thousandhill

thousandhill New Member

Yes, I've always been a little skeptical of half the stuff she'd say. I have read in the Ask Dr. Gott in the newspaper that drinking Certo can greatly help people who have arthritis. Should try that one out and see.

Dan