Graham School

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by dosthouhavemilk, Jun 13, 2005.

1. dosthouhavemilk

dosthouhavemilk Well-Known Member Supporter

Anyone here ever been to the Graham School?

Was it worth it?

2. wr

wr Moderator Staff Member Supporter

My husband went before we married and he found it to be an excellent program, they do expect you to put in long days between classroom and practicum. As a graduate of the course, you can return regularly for a refresher. It's a lot more than just learning to preg check and he tells me it's well worth the time and money.

3. tatanka

tatanka Well-Known Member

The school is well worth it if you have animals of any kind. I went about seven years ago and am so thankful I did. You go to class five days during the mornings until lunch time then after lunch you go to the farm and get hands on learning too. I started AI'ing our kids show cattle and because of it they have a pretty nice herd of their own. You learn to AI, preg check, IV, tube etc. all the things that most people call a vet for. I have been able to do all these things and many more thanks to this school. One of my kids wants to go now too so I hope to go back soon and take my daughter. Once you go there you can go back as many times as you like for refreshers and updates. You can't beat that!

Marla

4. wr

wr Moderator Staff Member Supporter

tatanka, I take it you haven't gone back for a refresher either? I'm hoping to surprise my husband and send him back next spring. I even haul the book out once in a while to get answers and it's incredibly informative. I'm not sure what year you went but he has a formula for an emergency energy bottle for calves that's saved quite a few for us. I figure that alone has been worth the cost of the course.

5. dosthouhavemilk

dosthouhavemilk Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for all the information!
    Now, I just need to decide what time of year I can go and where to find the money for it. :rolleyes:

We definitely have the animals for it! We have a herd of dairy cattle and being able to AI and pregnancy check myself would save a lot of time and money!

6. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

Here and there I run across past student comments on the school and I have yet to read anything except pretty well glowing praise for it. I believe they have a network of local folks who provide a B&B type lodging for some of the students.

7. cloverfarm

cloverfarm Well-Known Member

My FIL went to it years ago. He is positive about it. He did some AI on his own but has health problems in his arms and shoulders and just couldnt' keep doing it.

Ann