Government land auction site

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by AngieM2, Apr 28, 2004.

1. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

http://www.governmentlandauction.com/index.htm

I think you should take a look.... there a lot of property and when there is an assumable loan, there is no credit check.
    I saw one 340 acre land in TX with payments of less than $400 after whatever winning bid is as downpayment.
    There is also one I saw in Arkansas. some more tx, some colorado, lots of Hawaii.

Maybe there's something there for someone..... AngieM2

2. Angie,
    That looks like something isn't quite right. Some of those properties are in Canada-- I don't think the US gov't buys/sells canadian land. Be cautious if you look into these guys.

Best of luck,
    Darren

3. I'd be leary to do business with this company. Another thing to point out is they accept cash through the mail.

If I'm not mistaken that is illegal. I don't think this is a government website...

Sorry..

4. quietstar

quietstar Well-Known Member

Please be careful with this site. It happens that I recently completed a Real Estate appraisal for a bank client that involved a 80 acre tract in Hudspeth County,Texas. Seems some good old boys chopped up a huge old desert ranch into 20+ acre tracts and sold them sight unseen to foolish buyers. In this area it takes at least 20 acres to graze a cow/calf unit if you could find a way to provide water. Right of ways were laid out on paper but nothing was done on the ground. A property owner might be able to get to their property with a surplus half track dragging a trailer loaded with fuel. Water is everything!
    Buyer Beware!! Glen

5. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

Something definitely FISHY about this site. This is NOT the government selling land. This co. apparently owns these properties I did a little investigation on a few of these sites. For instance, the land in Hawaii, near Pahoa, is near Kilauea, the volcano. BTW, the village of Pahoa will likely be consumed by lava flows at some point in the future according to what I found. And most properties in Hawaii are sold in leased fee (you don't really own the land).

Other little clues - no legal descriptions, addresses, very few sizes of lots, etc. Title insurance??? Do your homework. I nearly bought some land on ebay one time, until I saw it. This reminds of that, except it is more secretive as to what you are buying. As someone else said....BEWARE of this site.

6. ziggy37

ziggy37 New Member

7. ky2

ky2 Guest

go to Google and type in the phone number and you will find out these people have their hands in all kinds of land deals

8. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

you investigating souls, sure are good to have to make sure that me and other's don't make huge mistakes.

I thought I was doing good, but the examination is great.

AngieM2