Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby works for a small town, public works. Water main break, sewer problem, he gets the call. So when the phone rang at 2 am this morning, he answered it with a sense of dread. Please, Lord, don't let it be a water leak. It was in the teens with a brisk north wind, the worst kind of night to dig out and work on a water leak. Prayer was answered, that wasn't it. It was the cop on duty calling - the police car broke down, the other one won't start, and could he use one of the public works pickups to finish his patrol? You betcha, take it. So the officer was out patrolling in a pickup truck with a plug in flashing light sitting on the dash. And the snow plow already mounted on the front in preparation for snow this Saturday. Kinda funny. A Mayberry kind of thing.

But the part that made me giggle, around 6 am this morning, our son who lives nearby was going to work. He sees the city pickup out and about, and wonders what got his dad out working so early. So he chases the pickup down, pulls it over. The window rolls down.......Oops, you're not my dad!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Small towns do have their good sides. Funny story of ours is when we moved into a tiny town, like 400 people, the first event we went to was the Halloween bonfire where the fire department roasted weenies and made chili. It was great, but we didn't know anyone. After a bit of standing there looking lost a tall guy that looked just like Floyd from the Muppets walked up to us and held out his hand and said "Hi! I'm Eric the water dude!" LOL Just the way he said it and his courage in being the first one to greet us makes for a very fond memory.
God bless you and yours
Deb

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
When I first moved in with my wife we went to town. Got pulled over by the Law, he asked for me to come back to the car. :confused: I come back, wife asked if I got a Ticket? No. Why did they pull you over. Oh it was my Brother in Law wanting to shoot the Bull and asked if we wanted to come to dinner.

Get to town seen a Guy that looked like a Druggy talked with him for awhile. She asked who is that? My Brother.

Then a very Butch Lesbian gave me a kiss and hug. Who is that? She is City Marshal in the town we use to live.

Driving, come to 4 way Stop. Black Girl gets out of a Pickup on other side, runs over gives me a Big Kiss and Hug. Ok is that kin? No it's an old Girlfriend.

My wife really didn't know what to think of me or what she had gotten in to :runforhills: :kiss:

big rockpile

1 - 5 of 5 Posts