Got to feel the baby(ies) move!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by tltater, Nov 28, 2005.

1. tltater

tltater Well-Known Member

I know all of you that are old hands at this probably don't get so excited but...This will be my first experience with my own goat. It's one of my pygmy does. She is usually very aloof but since becoming pregnant she is a joy! I was scratching her on her neck close to her shoulder and she did the same thing a dog would do when you itch that "special" spot! I have never seen any of my goats do this before...it was too cute. So then I just felt the need to be sure she was pregnant and not just fat. So I pushed up on her belly on the left side. Very hard and thought I may have felt a leg(she is due Jan. 1st). After pushing around a bit I just set my hand still and sure enough the little bugger(s) kicked me! My kids were outside at the time and were just as excited as I was.

Now I can't wait 'till we get to see the little one(s).

Tracy
    Southwestern, NY

2. MillsFarmFamily

MillsFarmFamily Well-Known Member

is that her left side, or your left side when you are facing her?

3. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

I can't wait till all mine are big as houses, and I can fell babies kicking again, I'm going thru baby withdrawl. :( all my babies are over 100 lbs now :D

4. tltater

tltater Well-Known Member

MillsFarmFamiliy

It was my right her left. Ok...so I think I messed up on that one. Now I can't wait 'till morning to try to feel the other side. I always thought the big poofy feels like a balloon side was the rumen.

Always learning....maybe someday I will actually know...LOL!

Still swear I felt leg parts, but could be wrong.

Thanks,

Tracy
    Southwestern, NY

5. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

When our girls get to be about 4.5 months pregnant we can feel the outline of the babies, sometimes at 4 months pregnant depending on how much room there is in the mama's stomach. Good Luck, and I hope that you have little goats soon. See ya, bye.