Got the Jeep

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Ross, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I guess my (or did my brother post it?) getting the Jeep post was lost but its here as of last Saturday. An 89 YJ 4.2 litre six. Oddly its carburated, I'd have thought it would be fuel injected. Sound right to you? It was supposed to be a farm gopher vehicle, both to go fer stuff and fer gopher hunting, but it turns out its in better shape than expected. There's a push to get it licensed that I'm resisting but it is tempting. What are these beasts like on the road? It looks over powered and unstable to me.

2. Up North

Up North KS dairy farmers

Our families experiences with Jeeps are as follows:
    My older brother had the old-time Army Jeep. Being a mechanic , he had it laden down with various tractor parts and tools. One afternoon he took off to go to neighbor's for a specialty tool. First corner he came to the Jeep rolled over, sending the Flywheel off an 856 International right past his ear and out the front windshield of the Jeep.
    Last winter, a friend borrowed my old ton Dually pickup, so he left his newer vintage Jeep for me to run between farms with. Approaching town road at 20 mph, I turned, but the Jeep didn't. Right across into snowbank. It did this twice in one week. I guess there was a nut loose on the steering wheel, LOL.........Think I'll stick with my old pickup. Or walk if need be.