got the first colostrum today!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Caprice Acres, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

i got a few drops of colostrum out of daisy today. i dont think that production started today, tho. her udder swelled overnight. she seems worried about me. and talks to me alot. does anyone have a good picture of a sunk-in doe and/or pygmy doe's udder before or soon after kidding?

2. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

She sounds VERY close to kidding! Bet she will go within a few hours. Keep a close eye on that gal :D .

Gosh you have me wrapped up in this now. I have been looking a couple times a day here to see if maybe just maybe she has done anything yet :D :D :D .

MotherClucker

3. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

she lets me touch her udder when she's standing now too. wow when she was layin down i didnt notice how big that udder is! the base of the teats are swollen even. ive got her seperated from boss (who is now having a heart attack from being alone, lol) im gonna be checkin up on her every half hour or so. there has been no change in the discharge right now. there is just a glob of white. goats usually have babies in the late afternoon/evening, right?

lol thanx motherclucker, its good to know i have some support here!

4. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

They can have them anytime they want. Watch her like a HAWK! They are very sneaky critters :nono: .

I am waiting to here more news :p (like SHE KIDDED! SHE KIDDED!)

MotherClucker