Got some work and an atta'boy

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by sue currin, Sep 5, 2006.

1. sue currin

sue currin Well-Known Member

A neighbor saw my work on the cabin I have doing this summer and gave me the job of finishing up his cabin. I guess I was doing a good job after all, Needed that feather in the hat, an atta'boy will keep me going even when I am tired of the task. Oh, and the money will come in handy as well. Realy feels good.

2. Sparticle

Sparticle Well-Known Member Supporter

What kind of work are you doing to the cabin? Congratulations on the extra cash too.

3. SweetSarah

SweetSarah Well-Known Member

It's nice to be appreciated every once in awhile huh? I am definitely a "Wow that looks really great" addict myself :)

4. sue currin

sue currin Well-Known Member

Started out with a shell, no walls, no water, no electricy, I put in plumbing ,wireing, and walls that I built out of wood. Built a bathroom, a kitchen, inclueding the countertops and cabnits. put in floors, and heat, and a window. Refinished a clawfoot tub I found. Built all the interior doors, built a medicen cabnit for bathroom, built a bookshelf behind tub that you can remove to get to hot water heater and pressure tank. put in insulation, and last night I built a bar that seperats the kitchen from the den. Thanks.

5. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

wow! that sounds great--you should have a feather in your cap!

6. shar

shar Well-Known Member

What A Wonderful Job You Did, I Hope You Can Post Pictures For Us
    All To See.
    It Should Be Fun Finishing Up The Other Cabing, And Of Cousrse The Extra Income Is A Real Plus.

Shar

7. turtlehead

turtlehead Well-Known Member

Holey Moley, that is a LOT of work! You have some very valuable skills. My hat is most definitely off to you. Glad you got those kudos - sounds like they were well deserved.

8. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

...............there isn't a better feeling in the world when someone verbally pays tribute to quality craftsmanship and offers to pay you to do some work for them . Maybe this will improve your cashflow to get you'll thru the winter . fordy... :)