Got my first Hoegger catalog the other day

Discussion in 'Goats' started by FarmboyBill, Dec 11, 2006.

1. FarmboyBill

FarmboyBill Well-Known Member Supporter

I was amazed at all the medicines and associated parafinailia that went along with it for goats. I have had goats 8 and milked them with no trouble. But brousing through the catalog daunted me, like maybe cause it was my first time with goats I was lucky. Id hate to be a newcomer to the farm from the city and decide I wanted a heard of chickens, and a flock of goats, and send off for the catalog and see all that medicinal for goats, It would sure make me have second thoughts. Ive gotten Nasco catalogs for years, and they dont have nothing like all this for goats

2. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

I have moved to the milking machine set :) But it's a homemade model husband put together for me. I also use hoof trimmers and a utility knife because I have small hands, and a pocket knife doesn't work for me. I also love catalogs and get all of them...QCsupply.com is my favorite, I bet you would love that one! But I order 99% of my stuff from jefferspet.com The best thing in Hoeggers is their milking pail with the half moon lid.

I love it when folks come on lists and ask what they need to milk a goat with...and the list of this and that starts. Wet ones, something clean to milk into and a spary bottle with bleach water, and some hand muscles you never new you had!! Is the extent the list should be. Get husband out milking and you will have a milking stand built after 2 milkings!

New folks starting out with all this stuff and all these books, in reality it does them or their goats no favors.

If you do the nutrition part right, and not feed them like hogs, the list of meds you need is low. Illness is near non-exsistant. I do believe in prevention. Vicki

3. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

Trust me, you NEED a Jeffers Livestock Supply catalog!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are 99% of the time the best prices I can find. www.jefferslivestock.com. And trust me, they're cheap; I"m 16 and don't have a job, so I'd know, hehe.

4. FarmboyBill

FarmboyBill Well-Known Member Supporter

I used to work there, and there was a Jeffers who sold vetrinary medicine along with sick day old calves with pnumonia. Wonder if its the same guy

5. PygmyLover

PygmyLover nigerian & pygmy breeder

hah I only went milking with a pot and my hands - let me tell you I had a GRIP! lol

Yah it is nice to know you can get those things ifyou need them, but boy it would scare me away quick as a wink!

LOVE JEFFERS!!! no shipping! Yeeha! I get 99.9% of my stuff from them too.