Got my bucks out today!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoldenWood Farm, Nov 20, 2004.

1. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

My bucks have been living in the barn since they where born...well they get outside a lot but have no pen outside. Today I finally finished their outside pen with shed and lots of room to run and stretch their goatie legs. They are all in the 7-8 months range (3 bucks) So it is sure nice to get that smell out of my barn! Lol...My small shed is to small for me to walk into very well...I have to crouch to get into it and stay crouched but I set up a hinged small door where the feeder is in the shed/shelter so that way I can give them hay and grain without going inside the area. It is real nifty because I can just lean in and stuff and the feeder is right below the little door and I can lean over give them their grain and stuff. Their waterer is right on the fence so I can water through the fence but soon I will get a atomatic(sp) waterer set up for them. I will get a picture of their place tomorrow when its all nice out. The great thing about their shed that I built is that it only cost me about $60 to build it! Wowza was that nice! Yep...I am still giddy with excitment :) :) :) :) :) . My boys sure loved their new area! There is grass in there and 2 very large filbert trees to give them shade and they can eat leaves off of them. All in all it is goatie heaven for them right now :D :D :D :D :D . They should be happy since I froze my poor buns of building it with my dad.

MotherClucker

2. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see your setup! I bet those boys are having a good time out there. romping and doing what boys do..
    I know about that stinky barn syndrome!!

3. farmmaid

farmmaid Well-Known Member Supporter

If you want to keep those nice trees, wrap woven fencing around them @ 6' high. Not too tight to girdle the tree...Joan :haha: