Got my Brandiwines!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by mpillow, May 30, 2006.

1. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I paid thru the nose but I got 30 plants....$3.39 a six-pack....spanking myself for not starting my own :p got some Parks Whoppers, and roma paste and an Early variety.

Next year...SOMEONE REMIND ME PLEASE.

AND apparently they have become incredibly popular....we went to 4 greenhouses....walmart..homedepot and the grocery stores....and not a one...

SUNSET greenhouse in Fairfield had them....its way off the beaten path but huge and high priced! :help:

Did I mention the tractor(31 years old) blew a rod after we put on the new PTO belt and got half done??? :grump: :grump: We still need to till one more time for our heavy soil....tractor is being fixed....we went and looked at $30,000 Kubotas today :grump: and now its threatening rain for the next few days.....Lord help us! :help:

Its been a Memorable Memorial Weekend! :grump:

mpillow----still hasn't planted!!!

2. vicker

vicker Well-Known Member

:goodjob: Bless you my child. :D

3. ginsengsally

ginsengsally Well-Known Member

$3.39 for a six pack is paying through the nose!!!???? The farmer/greenhouse owner put a lot of care into growing those plants, nevermind the cost of heating her greenhouse. I charge $3 per plant or 4 for $10 (certified organic). I breathed a sigh of relief that you couldn't find them at your walmart or home depot, etc.

Support your local farmer. Buy and eat locally!!!

4. MELOC

MELOC Master Of My Domain

wow, $3.39 for 6 tomato plants! i know what i am growing next year!

i guess it is all relative. $3.39 for the tomatoes that the plants will yield is reasonable but i think they are priced a bit high to start with. certified organic means little to me personally but to some it is important. i think the whole "certified organic" fiasco is a bit much. i guess i will have to claim my plants to be "naturally grown with no chemical or genetic alterations or additives".