Got Meat!!!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by big rockpile, Nov 2, 2004.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Finally got a little Doe in the Freezer.Got to looking this year we can take 10 Deer off our property with out having to buy a Tag :cool: .We're only needing 7 to carry us through the year.

big rockpile

2. bumpus

bumpus Well-Known Member

One down ( young and tender ) and six to go.

3. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

4. sdrew

sdrew Well-Known Member

Bambi is GOOOOD eating,..... hmmmmm

5. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

LOL! That reminds me of when I was a kid. My grandpa was a butcher in Chicago. One cold winter evening, my younger brother Tommy and I were at the shop when some hunters brought in a big ol' buck to be processed. We're Irish, so Tommy's already pale, but he went as white as a sheet.

Couldn't get a word out of the kid til we were walking up the steps to our house, when he whispered, "Oh, no! They killed Rudolph! How is Santa going to get the toys delivered on Christmas?"

6. mikegoad

mikegoad New Member

Well Big Rockpile if you need more deer meat come on down to Tennessee. In the County I live in I can Kill almost 100 deer this season. We have a 15 day hunt that we can kill 3 does a day in. I own property in 2 Counties, so legally I can kill about 150 deer this season if I want. It's really not a big deal. People pretty well kill them whwnever they want if they want one to eat.
    Mike

7. SRSLADE

SRSLADE Well-Known Member

Wounded one during bow season but, i could'nt find it. Sucks but thats hunting. I'm hopefull for gun season but. I could and will use the meat. Thats if i can even find a deer.