Got B-10s?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by doodlemom, Sep 23, 2006.

1. doodlemom

doodlemom Well-Known Member

One minute I'm asking what B-10s look like and now I've got 2 litters of them! I bred a giant chinchilla to a New Zealand red doe and a New Zealand black doe to see what results and the litters were born today! I have not counted them but I see fur moving. I'm going to cross my NZ white doe eventually. This is exciting for me, but I was told I should have used a cal doe instead of a New Zealand because they taste better-Is that true?

2. doodlemom

Today I finally peeked in the nests and found each doe has six beautiful healthy fat kits each. Both does look great possibly overweight as I have all the rabbits on constant high quality pellets and full hay racks. Metal poop pans make more noise than plastic poop pans and are harder to clean. Safegaurd supplies great stackable cages, but I don't like the pans as they disturb the does more than the klubertanz plastic pans. I was less impressed with the stacked cages I got form klubertanz as they are stacked yes, but can't be broken down into individual cages if necessary. Both sets of stackable cages are easier to maintain than my outdoor double hutches. Springs for water bottles from klubertanz are much easier than the wire water bottle holders and stabilize the feeders as I didn't want to cut holes in the cages they are set inside. Two 32 once bottles are kept full every day ( from klubertanz) The water bottles come with little floating turtles which makes it easier to judge the water level at a glance as opposed to my original water bottles of blue plastic. The full metal hayracks and nest boxes from klubertanz are much better than wire and wood respectively. I am only wondering if instead of buying replacement bottoms to my nest boxes I should cut thick plexi glass to fit and drill drainage holes. I have windows just like house windows on my bunny shed with flower boxes and some wild animal broke through the screen on one window which may have been avoided by foregoing the flower boxes. The screen is being replaced with animal proof mesh over screen.

3. Bernadette

Bernadette Enjoying Polish Rabbits

My nest boxes came with corroplast in the bottoms - you know - the sign stuff that's like corrogated cardboard made of plastic - corro plast! It is working well, is strong and easy to clean, and light weight.

4. doodlemom

Where can you buy corplast nest box liners? They have drainage holes? I looked at foamboardsource.com and saw you can buy it cut to size, but couldn't home in on the coroplast nest box rabbit liner supplier- who makes it?

5. mywhitehares

mywhitehares Member

You buy it at most sign shops, it cuts with with most any type of knife..It does hold up very well

6. doodlemom

The Red Nz/ Giant Chinchilla Has 7 Kits- 3 Pure White, 3 Chinchilla, And 1 Red- The Red Nz Is A Pedigreed Red As Is The Giant Chinchilla So I Was Surprised By The White. The Black Nz/ Chinchilla Keeps Her Kits Well Covered And I Can't Wait To See What She's Got- I Don't Disturb The Nests Or Touch The Kits Although I Should Be Able To With My Gentle Does. The Does Are Really Drinking A Lot So I Went Surfing For 2 Liter Bottle Adapters And Found Them At Jefferspet.com Pretty Cheap And A Sale On Clearance Rabbit Starter Kits- Limited Supply

7. doodlemom

Eyes Are Open. The White Kits Have Pink Eyes Like Larger For The Age Nzw Kits Bit With More White Baby Fur On The Ears, The Red Kit Has Chinchilla Pattern, The Chinchilla Kits Have Brown Grey Black White. The Nz Black Mix Has Her Nest Locked Up Like Fort Knox- I'm Going To Take Pics And Weights When They're Out Of The Nest Box And Figure Out How To Post Them On This Thread.

8. doodlemom

I am a bad bunny counter the black New Zealand has 2 jet blacks and 5 blacks with the :dance: scattered black hair with gray tips in a field of black. So 7 kits for the black New Zealand.