Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's mine for the month.

The lid on our septic tank got broken and we needed to replace the tank. We put up a small fence around it for a few days until the septic guy could come and put in the new tank so no one would go over it and fall in. My Ex was out here mowing for my son. My son who has his business next door to my house hires him to mow the yard.

My Ex comes to the house to get my present husband. It seems he ran over the fence and the nose of his mower was stuck in the septic tank! My husband goes and gets the backhoe and gets his mower out of the tank. Stupid...right? I mean...the man knew about the septic tank!

More to come....

The guy that dug the hole for the new tank hit the phone cable. It was buried right next to the old tank. Out came the phone company to fix it and I barely talked them out of charging me for the fix. My Ex husband was here that day...mowing again.... and he saw them fix the cable. They didn't bury it but left it on top of the ground and said they would come back to bury it. This was about a month ago. They had not come back to bury it.

Today, my Ex came back to mow the yard again. My daughter was sitting outside taking a break...she works for my son... and he came up to her and asked when the phone company was going to bury that cable that someone was going to hit it with the lawn mower or something. Well...a few minutes later he was back. You guessed it, he ran over the cable and cut it up with the mower! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!! Stupid!! Stupid!!!

Phones and internet to all three houses out on the farm were down all day. I hid when the phone company showed up :p

Can anyone top that stupid EX story???

·
Premium Member
33,120 Posts
There's no reason for the phone company to leave the cable on top of the ground for a month during mowing season. I hope they don't charge you for that repair. IMO, it was negligence.

My ds is stupid with a mower too. He's cut up coiled antennae cable, chopped down 6 foot tall bushes, mowed over a 3 foot tall peach tree not 6 INCHES from the base of the dead peach tree, shaves more rocks and concrete than anyone I know and has a habit of mowing over snakes. (I happen to like my snakes, especially the garters which he usually gets)

·
Unreality star
9,894 Posts
I dont think you want to ask me or Ardie that question. :D

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Not every thing is a accident.

bumpus

·
In Memorium
15,516 Posts
Shygal said:
I dont think you want to ask me or Ardie that question. :D
Oh :rotfl: :rotfl: ! We Can't post THAT here...it's CF and what we'd say is definitely X-rated!

(Shygal and I suspect that we were married to twin brothers or the same man(?) )

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
I don't have an ex but I have a great sister story! Dear sister wanted to be a stay @ home wife.. So she tells her dh--that she can save lots of money by being at home and cooking, cleaning, do the own lawn, having a garden.That he would not have to do ANYTHING when he came home--just work and let her take care of EVERYTHING.etc. So after little thought he said 'wonderful'. She quit her job and the next week started "Taking care of EVERYTHING!"

She decided to paint the kitchen and purchased 100$+ of paint. While painting the kitchen she turned a gal can over on the stove and had to replace the stove top.-- She went to the hardware store to get 'something' --to clean up the paint with and left it on the stove! They had to hire someone to finish the kitchen it was "too hard for her".

She decided to weed-eat but the gas one was too heavy and hard to start for her and she went and purchased an electric one and the hard plastic things so she could cut the heavy brush around the pond...1st time using it she cut through the drop cord..

She was cleaning out the garage and dropped something on her foot and had to go to the er....stitches and a fractured foot!

Then She decided she could mow the grass.. w/ the brand new fancy expensive riding mower... and while mowing around the pond "forgot where reverse was" and drove it into the pond--up to the seat!

One week after she quit her job----she was back at her old job!!!!QB

·
Registered
31,750 Posts
Queen Bee said:
I don't have an ex but I have a great sister story! Dear sister wanted to be a stay @ home wife.. So she tells her dh--that she can save lots of money by being at home and cooking, cleaning, do the own lawn, having a garden.That he would not have to do ANYTHING when he came home--just work and let her take care of EVERYTHING.etc. So after little thought he said 'wonderful'. She quit her job and the next week started "Taking care of EVERYTHING!"

She decided to paint the kitchen and purchased 100$+ of paint. While painting the kitchen she turned a gal can over on the stove and had to replace the stove top.-- She went to the hardware store to get 'something' --to clean up the paint with and left it on the stove! They had to hire someone to finish the kitchen it was "too hard for her".

She decided to weed-eat but the gas one was too heavy and hard to start for her and she went and purchased an electric one and the hard plastic things so she could cut the heavy brush around the pond...1st time using it she cut through the drop cord..

She was cleaning out the garage and dropped something on her foot and had to go to the er....stitches and a fractured foot!

Then She decided she could mow the grass.. w/ the brand new fancy expensive riding mower... and while mowing around the pond "forgot where reverse was" and drove it into the pond--up to the seat!

:) :) :) My LOL for the day!!

·
Banned
6,787 Posts
Danaus29 said:
There's no reason for the phone company to leave the cable on top of the ground for a month during mowing season. I hope they don't charge you for that repair. IMO, it was negligence.
LOL My phone company left my cable strung in the trees and yard for YEARS!
It was hot and dry the day they came to put it in and the dirt road was too hard for them to plow it in so they threw it up in the trees to get it across the road. Then strung it through the yard and bushes "JUST FOR NOW".
Ever time it rained it would be out of service for a day :Bawling: and by the time the local guy (Same guy that installed it) would get there a few days later all would be fine. :rolleyes: A 5 minute look and he would leave It wasnt till he was on vacation on a tropical island and his boss was filling in that we got it fixed. The boss took one look and accused us of "STEALING" service. LOL then why were you on a service call? Then he jumps us about the line like we had done it! After I explained the story to him and he had called the company to verify my story(we had made over 300 service requests! And the local guy had logged over 200 full days of time working on it!) The manager made one more call and explanied to the local guy he didnt care if he WAS in Tahiti he had 24 hours to get the line in right or he would be unemployed.
He fixed it that night. :hobbyhors :dance:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
To say my X was NOT mechanically inclined would be the understatement of the century!
While remodeling our house, I was up on a ladder one afternoon and needed a Phillips screw driver. I asked him if he would please hand me one from the tool box.
He dug around in the box forever, and finally said to me, "I can't find a screw driver with the name Phillip on it. all of these belong to Stanley. And, by the way, who is Stanley?"

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
Queen Bee said:
Are you sure they wanted her BACK?!!!! :eek:

fantasymaker ..."And the local guy had logged over 200 full days of time working on it!) The manager made one more call and explanied to the local guy he didnt care if he WAS in Tahiti he had 24 hours to get the line in right or he would be unemployed.
He fixed it that night."

Well no wonder he could afford a vacation paradise in Tahiti...... :rolleyes:

And I thought our local phone service was bad.......we only had to wait 8 months for them to get it out of the trees where they'd tossed it to get it over the road and buried alongside the road; however in the meantime we were without phone service for a couple days when some lamebrain decided to peel rubber after he crossed the railroad track......lost control, went off the roadway and wouldn't you know it.......slammed into the hillside that was next to where the phone connection box was. Missed the box by 10 feet, but as he threw his vehicle into reverse to get out of there......the undercarriage snagged our phone line which was lying across the ground and tore it in half........dead line. Only took the phone company a few minutes to locate the problem and temporarily patch the line........another couple months before the trencher showed up and everything was fixed right!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Danaus29 said:

My ds is stupid with a mower too. He's cut up coiled antennae cable, chopped down 6 foot tall bushes, mowed over a 3 foot tall peach tree not 6 INCHES from the base of the dead peach tree, shaves more rocks and concrete than anyone I know and has a habit of mowing over snakes. (I happen to like my snakes, especially the garters which he usually gets)
Ours is still above the ground...they only buried part of it and said they would be back..that was three months ago...lol We were suppose to have water hooked up since April...things move slow out here..They told my DB ( who has adjoining property re: the water) " We'll be out in a little bit." ..LOL..DB thought they meant a few hours...lol. That has been a month or so

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! I am glad I am not the only one with a stupid EX or sister as the case may be. It seems like a lot of us have had our share of this kind of person.

I could never plant a tree and it grow up to be a tree. It was always mowed down as a twig. I put fences around them all but he would move the little fence so he could get "close" to the tree. Then there was the time when we were living in a mobile home and he was mowing with the tractor and ran into our house!

He was burning trash and set the field on fire....he had been told not to burn trash because it was too dry. We had to call the fire department to put it out......it was headed for the next county!

Then there was the time that he "weeded" the herb garden. My daughter had worked all day to plant that little garden and had...of course...put a fence around it. He "weeded" it right out of existance.

Of course, he mowed over the satellite cable before we got it buried...I could go on forever! I guess a lot of us have tales like this....I thought I married the dumbest guy in the world, but I guess he has clones all over the place.

·
nosey, but disinterested
3,220 Posts
Wow, I must be really lucky. Both my Ex's are just the nicest guys that would do anything for me if I needed it and I truly can't think of anything wildly stupid that either have done, beside letting me go, of course. Oh wait, I just thought of something. I was in Detroit for a funeral and we lived in K-zoo. 1st Hubby was home with the 2 yo son. He fell asleep while the son played in his playroom with the (not housebroken yet) dog right off the living room. When he woke up he had to take every toy outside to be hosed off and disinfected, clean the child, the dog, the room, and use a toothpick to get the doggy poop from between the floorboards in the playroom. So glad I wasn't home at the time!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.