Got a new wood stove

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by APPway, Sep 18, 2006.

1. APPway

APPway Well-Known Member Supporter

well we finally found a new wood stove at a good price (used not really new but new to us)
    We found a Osburn 1000 that is rated to heat up to 1400 sq feet
    It is smaller than we wanted but the people were selling it for $75.00 so couldn't pass it up. They retail new for 900.00 to 1200.00. It came out of a house in the city guess people don't know what they have and just wanted more room in their den. So now just need to get it installed. Thats the project for this week.
    It sure will be nice to help on the Heating bill this winter beings it is being said it will be colder. Last year our heating bill (gas) was 2200.00 and we only have it turned on from the end of November until the end of april and even then we keep it set at 10c (50f). So Hopefully We will be nice and toasty this winter.

APPway

2. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member Supporter

Congratulations on your purchase. I absolutely love woodstove heat - it is the coziest!

3. BellsBunnies

BellsBunnies Well-Known Member

Congratulations on you new heater! Sure will make the heating bill easier to open.

4. Rockin'B

Rockin'B Well-Known Member

5. Beststash

Beststash Well-Known Member

Congrats Appway - I'm sure you will enjoy this winter....and I'm sure you have a real winter up there!!! :hobbyhors

When you were looking for your woodstove - did you see or hear about a small one that wouldn't be too large for a 360 sq ft area (our new master bedroom)? We have a woodstove that we use to heat the rest of the house but the bedroom is down a hallway and the heat just doesn't reach that far.

I figured it was maybe a tad too small but thought I might ask anyway. :shrug:

In Central Texas - there are not a lot of days where it would be an issue but I love the woodheat also!!

Peace

6. AR Cattails

AR Cattails Well-Known Member Supporter

Congratulations on your new woodstove. I wish we still had ours. Got rid of it a few years ago when we were having constant problems with smoke blowing back into the house and at that same time I was diagnosed with asthma. But I truly enjoyed having it.