Got a New Baby, VERY SPECIAL DOE BORN TODAY!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by geminigoats, Sep 27, 2004.

1. geminigoats

geminigoats Well-Known Member

I just am so happy, I really think this is a sign that things in my life may turn around for the better. Many of you old timers here remember me always talking about my Jackie, she was the first Alpine we got back in 1997 that started this madness for me. Had Nubians before that.

Anyways....Jackie was put to sleep 3 yrs ago on May 9, 2001 because of arthritis right before we moved, she was born on that very same day in 1993. it wasn't planned believe me. Her last set of babies were born on Nov 2000, she was bred that summer while at nationals, long story there, but can tell ya be careful with lighting in your barn. She had a buck and a doe. The buck is Black Jack, the doe was Sister of the Moon. Sissy was killed 2 yrs after Jackie was put to sleep in a dog attack by our neighbor's dog May of 2003, you guessed it, May 9th along with her doeling, Daughter of the Moon. I was devestated.

Well...............This past May, on May 9th, Black Jack bred one of my Alpine does and she just kidded, the baby is a doe. I knew when she was bred that this baby was going to be special and a doe, and by gosh! I am on cloud 9. The baby is that Chamoisee Ober color of course with a white upside down heart on her forehead. The other nice part about having a Sept baby is that I'll have milk for winter, everyone else is dry. I just had to share this with ya'll.

Bernice

2. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

Wow! Next May 9 you should probably play the lottery or something! heh
    Congratulations on your new arrival :)

3. WolfSoul

WolfSoul Well-Known Member

I'm so happy to hear this. What a wonderful story. It's a shame you can't post a picture of her. I hope you'll keep us updated on this special doe.

Karen

4. NewlandNubians

NewlandNubians Well-Known Member

Hey it's your long lost adopted daughter!!!! Whatcha been doing? I don't know if I'm glad ole jackie has grandkids around or not... She was rather uppity if you ask me. hahaha! Still have Val? if so, how's she? that's my girl!!!

5. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

SO what are you naming this special delivery?

6. geminigoats

I haven't decided on a name yet, but she sure has her granny's lungs and spunk. I am just so thrilled, keep going out to the barn to see her. I'll wait a few days and see, then name her. Thanks for everyoine for the congrats. I am just so thrilled.

CATHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have missed you so much, lost your e-mail address! LOL.......Cathy is our adpoted daughter, sure miss showing with ya hon! She had the pleasure of meeting Val, Jackie's daughter and showed her at nationals 2000 when she took 5th place sr kid that yr. I will always be grateful to you:):) Yep, Jackie sure was uppity and snotty! I still miss the ole gal! Val is doing very well, just took pics of her the other day, she had a buck this past yr, named him Pan. Haven't shown Val since 2000 at NAILE. I am showing there this yr if yer coming. My Jackie family has grown, have Val's daughter, Gold Dust Woman, born 2001, then another Val daughter, Jackie's Heart born 2003, she has a heart on her head like Val and looks like Val. Then there is Goldie's daughter, Jackie's Quest! Then Verona had a BJ daughter I named Vengence, V...V....is almost 10 yrs old and doing very well and still very mean. Shaggy had a BJ daughter named ShaPrima, hmmmm....think that all the Jackie fammily so far. Oh....Got an Ober cross sired by BJ too named Karma. I'll PM you later Cathy, got to scat to work. Its so good to hear from ya!

Bernice

7. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

that is really great, i am so happy for you. that is just great.

8. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

I'm very happy she's come back to you - even if in a winding sort of way. Raising animals is filled with bittersweet moments.

9. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

Congratulations Bernice on your new arrival! I know it was a hard loss, loosing your doe, but what a special gift you have! Like Tango said, very bittersweet...

10. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

:) Congratulations! I know you are excited. I can't wait to have babies.

11. geminigoats

Thanks so much everyone:):) I tend to get a little too close in bonding to my goats so I have a hard time when something happens. I guess I substituted my goats for my 2 legged kids and grandkids after we moved, well, even before we moved, so they pretty much are spoiled rotten. Jackie was really special to me, I still cry over her and its been nearly 3 and 1/2 yrs. I don't cry as much now, but still. So, yeah, its bittersweet.

When are your babies going to be due Milking Mom? You will love them, they are so sweet and cuddly. I just enjoy kiddings. This one was different because we never had babies in the months of July-Oct. had Nove on. I was so happy about Dana's pregnancy, you'd think Iwas pregnant! :haha: And, with dam raising again, I am not dreading kidding season any longer, for 2 yrs we lost many with having the dairy to cocci here. Cocci is really bad in AR and if you enter into a dairy its worse because you can't feed them naturally because you need the milk to make money. Unless you have ya like we did ast yr with kiddings, of course....after we stopped shipping milk, when they kid in Dec. and then you can wean theem by Feb.....when we shipped milk again!

Bernice

12. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

Hey, Bernice, I haven't been here for a few days, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope things continue to go well for you.

13. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

You and your goats deserved a happy ending.