Got a neighbor in trouble

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by moopups, Dec 20, 2006.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    And he does not have a puter so he will never see this; last night about 8 or a bit after he came over and ask if we had some rice; yes, there is rice here, its for the chickens. I pulled it out of the chicken feed trash can.

He was glad such could be offered, apparently he had nothing to eat or to feed his dog. He is approaching senior status and has medical difficulty's, no job and not much chance of being hired due to workman's comp claims.

He is alone in this world, has an out of state contact whom he has never met. I have no idea where thats going. She is going to visit some time soon. I hope there has not been any disillusionment.

After the rice request I took him about a vertical inch of elixir in a large container and a pack of fags.
    (Let see you kids decipher this one!) He was very grateful for such. I verbally stressed 'remain mobil' at all costs, being non mobil in America means homelessness. I don't know how to assist him further, he is aware of the known agencies, I don't know if he qualifies for their services.

I can assist for a bit but resources are very low here, there not any room for mistakes or misplaced assistance. Whats this all about? I don't know, its just last nights report.

2. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Did you light up any of those fags with him?

3. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

First I thought this was about you getting a neighbor in trouble :p

And the fags and elixir reference I understand, then again Im not a kid..sigh.

There must be some agency that he would qualify for help from, he needs to go and sit down with someone and find out, before he does anything else.

4. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

How did you get him in trouble? Sounds like you helped him out. :help:

5. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Grammar thing....he left out the subject of the sentence and used the wrong form of the verb.

I have got a neighbor in trouble.

6. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

Thanks Rose, are you assuming I went to people school? :rolleyes:

7. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

Oh, okay. I understand now. :)

8. Tricky Grama

Tricky Grama Well-Known Member

Ok, so Sister Mary John knows I listened, how about this: "I have a neighbor who is in trouble."?

Patty

PS-very good of you to help out.

9. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

as lond as he has an address and a stove to cook on i would think he could get food stamps

10. suzfromWi

suzfromWi Well-Known Member Supporter

Your a good guy moopups and when you help another it also helps you. Im sure he enjoyed both of the non edible items you gave him. We all need that sometime altho I have given up both so I can live to annoy my children... :rolleyes: Does he get SS? He can get that at 63. Sooner if hes disbled.

11. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

Moopups~

Put in a call to your area Office on Aging or Senior Services. Whatever it's called where you live, they can tell you what is available for him and help you point him in the right direction without damaging his male pride. Good on ya for helpin out tho. Hope that woman who is coming will be a blessing and not a burden to him. God bless you for caring.

12. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

Is the man capable of asking for help? Ok, so he was hungry and came to get food, but sometimes older people can get confused to the point that they are not able to think "I cannot feed myself next month and I need to go down to get help so that I can". If he is not able to think that comprehensively, then it may take a bit more than "here is a list of agencies that can help you".

Find out how to apply for things and offer to take him and help with the paperwork or whatever. OR contact an organization that helps seniors and ask them if they will visit him.

Just some ideas.

Jena

13. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

His medical difficulties are physical, not mental; he is fully alert. No problem there. He suffers from physical limitations, things that will not allow him to hold a job that requires him to do performance things. I wish I could encompass all aspects of these communications the first time I place them here, that is my goal for now. Once I've corrected myself, then I can correct the entire world... :rolleyes:

14. almostthere

almostthere Well-Known Member

MP, your neighbor can get help. If he is disabled, he will qualify. There needs to be a call made. Try to go see him when you can and ask him what he's applied for. He might be able to get Meals on Wheels, if your county has it; SS for disability; food stamps and medicade; and there's always the local food pantry to help out in the middle. Ask him if he goes to church, maybe his Pastor doesnt know the severity of his problems. Lets hope this "friend" he's never met isn't getting access to his funds before he can feed himself or pay his bills. I bet if he has required medications he's not taking them.
    And BTW, don't feel bad about not expressing yourself well, my little man is ASD and I've gotten used to reading him slowly to get the whole picture because he simply can't get it all out at once. I think there are a lot more people out there with this characteristic than would like to admit.

15. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

I have circled the neighborhood, all with in sight are now aware of the problem, there is food on his doorstep as we speak. He will come home to a pleasant surprize.

16. Explorer

Explorer Well-Known Member Supporter

Lighting up fags is illegal here. Cigarettes yes, fags no. Guess they scream too much. :) :angel: :)

17. Dec429

Dec429 Well-Known Member

Some of the "fags" I know are flaming already!!!

Don

18. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Shame on you! :nono: :nono: :nono:

Mitch did leave it wide open for someone to jump on that though...

19. Dec429

Dec429 Well-Known Member

I thought it was funny, and I am gay. :)

Don

20. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, it was funny, but not so nice.