Got a Headgate for $150

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by Carol K, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Carol K

Carol K Well-Known Member

I'm so excited with my Priefert headgate. I'd been looking at the chutes in Tractor Supply, but they were about $2000+, so looked at their headgate and panels that they do and they was the same!! As luck would have it, google found something in my area that was online already but the paper hadn't come out, so I was the first to call. I have never see one even advertised in my area, and I know they are easier had out west so I was so excited. Hubby laughed, says most women get excited about buying clothes and I get all happy about livestock equipment.
    Now I just have to decide where to mount it, the guy said it had held his Simmental bulls so my Dexters should be no problem.
    I feel like it was my "bargain of the year".

Carol K

2. Haggis

Haggis MacCurmudgeon

Now that is a bargain. Congrats!!!

3. opus

opus Well-Known Member

Cool, thats all we have used here. I like them much better than Powder River junk.
    Be sure you treat it to WD-40 often. Remember, there is only 1 place you arent supposed to use oil. That is the part that goes into the lock.

4. Carol K

Carol K Well-Known Member

Thanks Guys,
    Opus, thanks for pointing that out. I went and looked at the label on it and that says the same thing, not to oil the lock.

Carol