Got a HAY question......

Discussion in 'Goats' started by janceejan, Dec 4, 2005.

1. janceejan

janceejan Active Member

Newbie question here.......I am in west texas and the only hay available in the area is Sudan. I have been told not to feed goats sudan because it could cause some problems. I was able to locate some alfalfa last month, but was pricey, 7.50 for a small square bale. The large roll of sudan ran me 35.00. Of course, no one said anything about the sudan until after i bought it. Anyone else use sudan, or any problems with it?

2. crazygoatgirl

crazygoatgirl Well-Known Member

I am on another forum that have several members from Tx and they feed Sudan and they have had nothing bad to say about it. All of the people that feed it say their goats will run over them to get it, so I don't think it poses a threat.

3. moonspinner

moonspinner Well-Known Member

$7.50 for a small square of alfalfa - yikes! I get a large round bale for $15.

4. Ark

Ark Well-Known Member

My goats LOVE sudan hay and they pout when they cant get it. They are currently on strike because I had to buy some coastal hay. Well, guess they will be even more upset when THAT runs out because NO ONE here in the Hill Country has any hay PERIOD!!! :stars:

Sudan hay has never hurt my goats. :p

Can you send me some? LOL

Rachel

5. janceejan

janceejan Active Member

Thanks, feel better now.BTW Rachel, bring a trailer.....loads of it right now all around here. Novice, Coleman Co., we had lots of rain this summer and havent experienced the drought and the hay problems other areas have had. Will UPS deliver a round bale,,,bet they consider it oversized...lol.

6. Ark

Ark Well-Known Member

UPS - LOLOLOL!

I wish! :happy: