Got 3 kids!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Kim2430, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Kim2430

Kim2430 Member

She had her babies around 8:15 last night. 2 bucks and 1 does. One of the little bucks is half grown!!! They are adorable, no pictures yet.

One of the little guys back feet aren't right. He seems to be standing on the joint above his hooves. Do you think if I splinted with some vet wrap that would help?

2. Doeseatoats

Doeseatoats Active Member

The vet wrap will not be enough...Try a toilet paper tube or something with more support. I cut and pad a strip of plastic from a bottle and tape it on with duct tape. Once the tendons are streched he will be just fine

3. Mortgage-Hill

Mortgage-Hill Active Member

CONGRATS!!! i also use a popsicle sticks as support if the other doesn't work and i would "exercise" his legs, by streching them out, but not too much that would hurt him!!
    LaNetta Batts

4. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

Another splint that works well for baby goats, I hear, is that pipe insulation you can get at Home Depot and the like. It's split up one side, gray foam, fairly stiff. Duct tape it into place.

5. Teacupliz

Teacupliz Well-Known Member

gvie them a few days they will strighten-- did you give mom Bo_se if not you can give him some-Liz
    CONGRATES

6. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

Hey Kim, is this the doe that was fed moldy food? If so I am glad to see they are doing fine, he will be, It will all straighted out. Congratulations on the babies. :clap:

7. Kim2430

Kim2430 Member

yes, this is one of the does that was sick!! So, I'm extremely excited about her little family. So grateful that all is well. Now, to get those little legs straight.