Gorgeous place up for auction near me...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ravenlost, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Hubby and I drove out to see this gorgeous 40-80 acre farm with a four bedroom/four bath home about 5 miles from our place. The auction is April 28th. If we hadn't already bought our place and built a house we'd be at that auction! The road this place is on is very nice...good neighbors, clean, etc. The house sits back off the road and has a big pond right in the back of the house. There's a five stall barn, fruit trees, flowers, etc. not to mention the house with the porch that goes all the way around. I wasn't totally sold on the house, but I could sure learn to love it...lol.

Guess I'll be staying right here on my own little hill, but thought you'd like to take a look: http://www.roebuckauctions.com/auction_detail.php?ID=57411

2. PonderosaQ

PonderosaQ Well-Known Member Supporter

Just out of curiousity Ravenlost what might that go for $ wise? Fantastic looking place.

PQ

3. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Hmmm...I'm just guessing (based on what we paid for 96 acres, eight stall barn and two story house) about $500,000 up for the entire 80 acres. Like I said, that's just a shot in the dark. From what I understand, if the entire 80 with house doesn't sell the plan is to sell the house and 40 and then two 20 acre plots.

Places are auctioned off around here all the time and sell quickly, so the price may be way below market value. We haven't been able to attend one of the auctions yet because it seems hubby is always at work when they're held.

The house sits in the middle of a beautiful pasture. There's a gate at the road and then a gate into the yard when you get up to the house. The drive circles all the way around the house and it is beautifully landscaped on all sides of the house with fruit trees, flowers, etc. The barn is a short walk from the back door, as is the huge pond behind the house. There's also a small goldfish pond in the front lawn and a small pond in the pasture between the road and the house. The house sits far enough back from the road that you can just barely catch a glimpse of it from the road.

4. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

keep us posted at what that place gos for. I would like to know. IT sure is nice.