Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Well they deserve it. They have done so much for this country.
Hmmm... I don't see feeding infants as a matter of how much they've done.

If it actually comes down to feeding ours or theirs the calculus changes a little... but we're not there...yet.

Reactions: Chief50

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Then why are all the stores around here empty of formula? If this is true, then we ARE there.
Around here today:

WalMart - well stocked but not full.
Grocery chain store - almost empty.
Pharmacy chain store - shelves full with boxes stacked 5 high and two wide at each end of row.

Don't know about anywhere else and three stores does not give a definitive answer... so take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
40,295 Posts
In six states—Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, Missouri, Texas, and Tennessee—more than half of baby formula was completely sold out during the week starting April 24

CVS and Walgreens confirmed that it is limiting customers nationwide to three toddler and infant formulas per transaction.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I don't know how this slipped so far under my radar, but after a little checking all I can say is... this is bad.

I went back into the "well stocked" pharmacy and spoke with the manager (I know her personally)... seems they were out of formula until last night... a delivery came in and they got a partial shipment. What she had was what I could see... nothing in the stock room and she was told that it was hard to tell when she might get more. Once word gets around that she has it she expects it to last a day or two at most (she's putting out a sign in the a.m. and limiting purchases to 3). This is potentially extremely bad.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Abortions of 1st world carbon spewing westerners is necessary and should be cost effective. Feeding less educated and more tractable replacements is for the greater good. Tighten your belts and spill your wombs people, this is the definition of progress.

Reactions: Kiamichi Kid
1 - 20 of 108 Posts