Goose eggs for dogs?

Discussion in 'Working and Companion Animals' started by sisterpine, Apr 10, 2006.

1. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

I currently have an abundance of large goose eggs and am wondering if I can reduce the breakfast meal for my dogs a bit and mix in one raw goose egg for each dog. From 1.5 cups of dry food to 3/4 cup dry plus one raw goose egg? The dogs are a 40 pound and 70 pound english springer spaniel. TIA

2. GoldenMom

GoldenMom Well-Known Member

I don't know as you can cut their breakfast in half with the addition to of a couple of goose eggs, but you can cut it back some. I don't have geese, but just tonight my dogs got some duck and chicken eggs for supper. Your dogs will be quite happy to help get rid of your extras!

3. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

That is so good to hear, thanks much! I will begin tomorrow to clear the goose eggs that are filling my fridge, they are huge!

4. Little Quacker in OR

Little Quacker in OR Well-Known Member

I would tend to start this slowly and cook the eggs first. Don't want to give the dogs runny stools! Uggh! LOL

Eggs are good nutrition but they are not a balanced diet...I'd not give a whole egg every day to one dog..I think you are interfering with complete nutrition. Maybe halfing an egg a day?? I am conservative with feeding and careful to make any changes slowly though. Just me I know. :shrug:

Could you drain some of those eggs and use them for decorating? They are so beautiful!

LQ