Google Play store on an Amazon Fire tablet

Discussion in 'Computer Questions' started by Belfrybat, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Belfrybat

Belfrybat Well-Known Member Supporter

Sheesh! Amazon makes it difficult to load the Playstore on to it. I got a new Fire tablet a few months ago but several programs I use are not available on Amazon app store. So... after a couple of hours of pure frustration I finally was able to download the Playstore.

If anyone else is interested, this video works, BUT you have to sign into your Google account before the files will download. The video creator forgot to mention that fact until half-way down all the comments saying "this doesn't work".

I tried several other methods, including trying to side load apps through ES File manager, but this one did finally work.

MoBookworm1957 likes this.
  2. mnn2501

mnn2501 Dallas

Hard to load!? --- Try turning it off once its there.Seems its programmed to turn itself back on.

3. Belfrybat

Belfrybat Well-Known Member Supporter

You may not think taking a couple of hours and going through 6+ different steps is hard, but for some of us "non-techy" people, it's quite a feat. Most of the instructions and videos I found did not work -- this one did which is why I posted this thread. Glad you can just turn your Fire tablet off and back on and magically have the Google Play store appear, but from all the frustrated folks posting around the Internet, that hasn't been the case for anyone else.