Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our kitty was euthanized this afternoon.

She was the sweetest little thing ... given to us by the family over the road when thay heard our darling Natasha has been killed by a neighbors dog.

She had feline leukemia.

Our poor baby, we'll miss her so much.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Sorry Tiempo. :(

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
Oh Tiempo :( I'm so sorry.....

snuggle up with a cup of cocoa and your hubby and have a good cry....she's out of pain now.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I'm so sorry for you loss.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
It's so hard to lose a friend who has shared your life.I know it's not the right time, but I could offer a really loving kitty for you.My dd 's family has a really loving girl who needs an inside home( three are allergic and they can't have her inside). She is declawed, has had shots, but not fixed yet.I would love to find her a new home. She wraps her feet around your neck and pats you with her paw and doesn't want to be put back in her cage.Anyway, so very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am very sorry for your loss.. poor ol kitty. But she lived happy and went peacefully and we should all be so lucky.
You're right, although she had not been herself lately, she never seemed to be really uncomfortable until last night when she started seizing, she just kind of slowed down and was fading away.

She was eating and snuggling.

When we took her in to Doc Lane today, she had lost 25% of her body weight in the past few days even though she still had her appetite.

We'll miss her so much...I know it might seem silly to some be so upset over the loss of a pet, but our furry ones are our babies.

2 years ago, our darling puppy, Milhouse was killed in a freak accident, then when we moved into our new home this July, one week later a neighbors dog came and killed our sweet Natasha in our yard.

3 days later, a 6 year old girl and her Mommy, our new neighbors.. came over with a beautiful, tiny bundle in the little girl's (Olivia) arms, and said, "We heard your kitty died so we brought you a new one".

This was Scuffy.

She was adored from the first day, but I guess it was already too late for her.

Every time I'm outside and Olivia sees me she always asks about Scuffs...sooner or later I'm going to have to tell her.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
So sorry for you...it's been a tough year, you are not alone. She ended up with you because you would do whats right for her...send her off peacefully. Hugs to you

·
aka RamblinRoseRanc :)
5,066 Posts
Aw, Tiempo- i'm so sorry to hear about Scuffy. Thank you for being such a good friend to her.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Feeling your pain ... we had to put our old dog down today. It is an awful feeling. I'm sorry that this happened to you and to your cat and your family.

~Kate

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I'm so sorry that little Scuffy is gone. We lost our Happy to feline leukemia several years ago. It still hurts.

Just remember how lucky you were to have had the time with her that you did.

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Feeling your pain ... we had to put our old dog down today. It is an awful feeling. I'm sorry that this happened to you and to your cat and your family.

~Kate
I'm so sorry Kate, we have a 12 1/2 year old greyhound (Wilson) who is in diapers full time now and has arthritic hips.

I worry so much that he won't be far behind Scuffs.

·
Bitter Clinger
4,787 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Tiempo,

I don't mean to hijack your thread or hog the pain ... just letting you know that you're not alone. We were really hoping that our dog would make it past Christmas. We have young kids who asked Santa to bring the dog some more time. She was almost 14, and as hard as it is for me to lose her I am stunned to think that my kids have never known life without her!

Still, at least we were prepared. To lose a young cat like Scuffy, out of the blue, is just heartbreaking. It's never easy, but your story kind of takes my breath away. I hope you will find some solace in telling your story and hearing from others. Give Wilson some extra scritches tonight -- my Callie dog gave me a small accidental bite last night when I gave her some turkey scraps :eek: so be careful but share the love!

~Kate

·
Premium Member
4,549 Posts
So sorry for your loss. She was beautiful <<<hugs>>>

1 - 20 of 31 Posts