Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone watched this movie? It's on Netflix.

It is survival people movie. I was watching it earlier, and had to stop it until later about in the middle.

It's survival spooky.

Has anyone else run across it? It may be new as it even mentions getting away from Ebola.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Vicker. I may give that a try.

I'm at the point in this movie where the military first shows up, and the 'family' is so not aware. I just wanted to Hit them, so I turned off the Netflix for now.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I did but didn't think much of it.

I will watch any survival movie that comes up at least once , my favorite genre.

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
Thanks Vicker. I may give that a try.

I'm at the point in this movie where the military first shows up, and the 'family' is so not aware. I just wanted to Hit them, so I turned off the Netflix for now.

Do, Angie. It's mostly about these men who spend the entire spring an summer of the year preparing for the trapping season, hauling food and supplies to the shelters on their trap lines, etc... And, then they each spend the entire fall and winter living alone in the wilderness with just a good hunting dog, tuning their traps. It sure looks like an extremely hard life, but filled with a lot of peace and beauty as well. I really liked it.

·
Lovin' my Fam
4,459 Posts

It is survival people movie. I was watching it earlier, and had to stop it until later about in the middle.

It's survival spooky.

Has anyone else run across it? It may be new as it even mentions getting away from Ebola.
Thank you I will be watching tomorrow!
Hence why I love you all! LOL

·
Premium Member
4,293 Posts
Okay so I started to watch it last night. I wonder if dh thought I was yelling at the kids? lol. it was sorta entertaining. I couldn't help but look at holes in the preps and security.
with that said. I didn't finish it. I figured I would bother my dh sleep too much. I will finish later today with out kids.

·
Banned
132 Posts
I think there already was a thread about this just a little while ago

Reactions: Twp.Tom

·
de oppresso liber
16,876 Posts

It's survival spooky.

I watched it and you may be better off stopping in the middle. It sets up a 'survival' situation which is. . .crazy. As pointed out here who is going to open up their house to the 'grasshoppers'? Maybe if they are people you know will pull their own weight, many hands make for light work.

Speaking of work, you don't see anyone doing anything to prepare for surviving in the long run. You see them eating, smoking pot and acting like a bunch of city hippies who are on a weekend retreat at a bed and breakfast.

They freak out when they discover one of their group actually has, AAAHHHHH, a firearm!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really? Someone who has gone through the effort of setting up a self contained solar power system, grows and cans food and even has an emergency supply of meds freaks out because of a handgun? Do they think sitting around singing kumbaya will keep them safe from desperate starving/sick people?

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop reading if you don't want something important about the movie reviled to you.

No really stop reading this is your last warning!

Ok one more warning, below is the basic ending of the movie. If you don't want to know it go away.

Then you have the goofy ending. One of their party has to use that nasty firearm to shoot a bad guy. But don't worry they make a speech and all those grasshoppers (who are armed BTW) in their camp suddenly realize that the hippie way is the right way, we all just have to live and let live and things will be wonderful.

·
Premium Member
4,293 Posts
thank you watcher for saving me time. that is one thing I'm super short on. lost of shtf going on here.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks watcher

About at the spoiler alert is where I stopped and was getting into serious yelling at the computer.

And after seeing your ending, I know the computer would be in danger of being yelled at or hit.

Also, that little girl would have not acted that way for long around me. I know her parental units brought her up that way.

It could have been a good movie. I did like portions of their set up. Their friends, not so much.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Do, Angie. It's mostly about these men who spend the entire spring an summer of the year preparing for the trapping season, hauling food and supplies to the shelters on their trap lines, etc... And, then they each spend the entire fall and winter living alone in the wilderness with just a good hunting dog, tuning their traps. It sure looks like an extremely hard life, but filled with a lot of peace and beauty as well. I really liked it.
And the fishing is awesome! Thanks for the spoiler watcher, I won't bother watching it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I like it until they make it out that once you kill just one person everyone will fall in line and work as a team and sing kumbaya my lord.

·
de oppresso liber
16,876 Posts
It could have been a good movie. I did like portions of their set up. Their friends, not so much.
I agree. One major problem I saw, and stated, they were completely defenseless. Another is the fact almost everyone around knew how they were set up. In real life that fact would have drawn grasshoppers, leaches and vultures to them like a fresh cow pie draws flies.

·
de oppresso liber
16,876 Posts
I like it until they make it out that once you kill just one person everyone will fall in line and work as a team and sing kumbaya my lord.
No, no, no. Its not the killing of the one bad guy its the tear jerking emotional speech after you kill him which causes the others to drop their weapons and start singing.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I saw The Happy People. Now that is Survival. Heck, living in the village is survival there. Beautiful forests.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts