Good Wishes Would Be Appreciated

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Hip_Shot_Hanna, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Hip_Shot_Hanna

Hip_Shot_Hanna Well-Known Member

Well, a week ago we buried Gemstone, our little Nigerian Dwarf doe that died because of twisted gut, and lost her three kids of course.

Today, her daughter Gizmo may be in labor. Her ligaments have "disappeared" and instead of getting up when we went to check on her a few minutes ago, she continued to lie in the hay. She seems quite contented, talked to us, but was chewing cud and looked quite comfortable. We had her get up to be sure she wasn't stuck, and she seems fine.

No discharge as of yet, and she has bagged up but it doesn't appear to be "strutted" or tight/full. She ate her grain this morning so we at least feel comfortable that she hasn't any problems going on like her poor mother did. However!

I'M NERVOUS! :eek:

2. lgslgs

lgslgs Well-Known Member

Well be thinking of Gizmo today and wishing her a safe delivery and healthy kids. Please keep us updated.

Lynda

3. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

fingers crossed, prayers going out!

Ruth

4. mamahen

mamahen Well-Known Member Supporter

Good wishes your way!! Everything will go smooth....and you'll have new little babies to cuddle for Christmas :)

5. kerrinatoz

kerrinatoz Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about Gemstone. That's heart breaking but good luck with Gizmo. I hope all goes well.

Kerrin

6. trob1

trob1 Well-Known Member

Hip shot hanna I know just how you feel right now and am wishing her a safe kidding. I just burried my sweet faith who was 2 weeks from kidding her twins. She was a pygmy and somehow got rolled over on her back while we were out Christmas shopping and she was unable to roll back over so she boated and died. When I found her like that I just didnt understand how something like that could have happened. I have 3 other does pregnant and due to start kidding Mid Jan but my heart is broken and will be terrified when the others get close to kidding. I will be thinking about you and look forward to hearing a good report.

7. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

I just wanted you to know I have been reading your post and I'm very sorry to hear of Gemstone passing and I also had read on good people. I think I pm you on that but not 100% sure now. I want you to know I will be praying, keeping my fingers crossed and all for you and your little doe Gizmo. Please keep us posted of how everything is going.

TC :)

8. Hip_Shot_Hanna

Hip_Shot_Hanna Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Please see my new post "We have a new kid" for the results. Allwolf, yes, you did PM me - and I appreciate it. Thanks ever so much!