Good website with land/farms?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by mayfair, May 23, 2006.

1. mayfair

mayfair a yard full of chickens

Sorry if this has already been covered, I'm fairly new here :help: What is a good way to research land and small farm prices in various areas of the country (in order to get an idea of what the market is)?

(I know about windermere.com for the west-- anything similar for other states?)

2. buspete

buspete Well-Known Member

For New England, the Northern New England Real Estate Network:

NNEREN

3. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

Try www.LandAndFarm.com Also do a Google search for "Tennessee real estate" (or whatever state you are looking for) and find a real estate agency. Then simply search on his/her listings and see what comes up.

You can also check out unitedcountry.com but their prices tend to be on the upper end of the scale.

donsgal

4. SouthWesteader

SouthWesteader Gardener

5. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

They are a bit on the pricey side. For instance they are selling a parcel in Misty Springs (near Galena, MO), for over $30,000 and there is a MLS listing for the same sized parcel in Misty Springs for $12,000.

$34,000 for a 3 acre parcel in Shannon County is just too high. You can do much, much better.

donsgal

6. ET1 SS

ET1 SS zone 5 - riverfrontage Supporter

It has been my experience that MLS and realtor listed land prices run around twice the price of what folks locally will sale their land for when they stick a phone-number on a sign up on a phone-pole.

I paid $900/acre for river-frontage forest and my in-laws paid $300/acre for non-riverfrontage forest. This was a year ago.

Last week, I saw some folks looking at a place near mine, and I stopped to see who it was. A realtor was showing a property, $2,000/acre, not a mile from my land.

7. pigeonracer2k

pigeonracer2k Well-Known Member

Why not try www.realtor.com. Use the advance search to look for farms, land etc