Good source for mail order seeds?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Cygnet, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Cygnet

Cygnet Well-Known Member Supporter

Anyone have a reccomendation for an inexpensive source of quality mail order seeds?

Thanks. :)

Leva

2. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I have had good fortune with Morgan County seeds, in Missouri. They have seeds in large or small packets, and the aparagus roots are HUGE, compared to other places!

3. MARYDVM

MARYDVM Well-Known Member

You should check out Native Seeds SEARCH. They are located in Tucson, and are conserving and promoting many of the heritage varieties adapted to the southwest. I am currently growing their Navajo grey hubbard squash, 2 varieties of tepary beans, and San Juan Native melons. All were planted at the beginning of the monsoon season, and are doing great. I guess the seeds aren't particularly inexpensive, but you know the plants will do well in the desert. Their website is www.nativeseeds.org BUT the site has been down for the last few days (I wanted to order some seeds for winter planting, and haven't been able to). Don't know what's up with that, hopefully they'll be back online soon.

4. BellsBunnies

BellsBunnies Well-Known Member

5. HermitJohn

HermitJohn Well-Known Member

6. FourDeuce

FourDeuce Five of Seven Supporter

7. Jennifer L.

Jennifer L. Well-Known Member Supporter

Johnny's Select Seeds in ME. They have a website. Great seeds. Also, I've been ordering from Jung's in Randolph, WI since I was 9 YO. They are good, too.

Jennifer

8. JennNY

JennNY Mom to 6 great kids!

We used Seed Savers this year and have LOVED what we have gotten out of the garden. They are heirloom seeds, so we are saving the seeds for next year. The only seed I did not like was the Snap pea seeds. They were stringy and the texture was tough. Other than that, our garden has been fabulous this year!

Jenn

9. Mutti

Mutti Well-Known Member Supporter

This is a family owned business in MO...www.HeirloomAcresSeeds.com--most pkts. are 0.95 cents...heirloom and open pollinated vegetable,herb and flower seeds. Shipping is reasonable,too. I recommend them highly. DEE

10. punkrockpilot

punkrockpilot Well-Known Member