Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. :sing:Just had to say I am very proud of our dr's report today. Graderman has always had problems with his triglycerides being very high.
We bought Bitsy in June from SuzieHomemaker. We have been drinking milk and eating yogurt almost everyday.
Graderman's triglyceratides today was 178,(200 being perfect). His cholesterol was 129. Sugar was 6.2. My cholesterol was 132, and I was 6.4 on the Sugar scale. This is the best report we have ever had.
The dr said I don't know what you are doing, but keep it up. I said hey, we owe it all to the nanny goat we have. Between the exercise and the milk products, she had done it all. He smiled and said "you may be right.":sing::rock:

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Woo-hoo! Nothing better than getting a GREAT report from the doctor...keep up the good work :)

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,444 Posts
My girls are dried off right now, but when I was milking, I drank a glass of goats' milk every night before bed. Blood sugars taken upon waking were always right as rain! (They're all over the place now.) Can't wait for my gals to freshen!

NeHi

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm glad you know about the blood sugar too. Graderman's tryglycerides has been above 500 for over 4 years now. No amount of medicine would bring it down right. We are so glad we tried to goat milk. Besides that, it is so good. Bitsy will freshen in April, so we can milk her a while longer. I have quite a bit frozen now, but I know that won't be the same as fresh. Here's to good health. Buslady

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
My doctor told me to stop drinking raw goats milk because of the high fat content. I told him to go scratch. Not really, but he got the idea. It's not the goat milk, but the snacks that make me gain, and the steroids don't help matters any. I have been on Prednisone for 13 years now and have gained about 130lbs. in that time. See any correlation? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the reason. I have been drinking goats milk for 3 years now(on and off) when I have does in milk. And I have noticed that my stomach has been really acidic the past week and when I was visiting family in NJ I couldn't access any goat milk. Hmmm.... I think that goat milk is such a wonderful resource that isn't tapped into enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts