Good price for Kubota?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by cc-rider, Mar 31, 2006.

1. cc-rider

cc-rider Baroness of TisaWee Farm Supporter

I'm stopping after work to look at a 1997 Kubota, 4-W diesel, Land Pride rototiller & scraper, 3 pt. hitch w/bucket. Whatever that is.

I really need something with a bucket, and a rototiller would be a great bonus. I called him and he wants $8K. I can't figure out where to find "blue book" prices for tractors! Any ideas??

Thanks!

2. daytrader

daytrader Well-Known Member

You can get a NEW 2006 Kabota 24.5 hp deisal with bucket for about 13k.

The attackments range in price.

Box blade 300
    scrapper blade 230

The tiller depends on the size. Lands Pride 60" is 899.00 here new.

The 3 pt hitch comes with the tractor.

Tractors and attachments hold their value much better then almost anything else.

If it dosn't have a huge amount of hours on it and the service has been done. This could be a decent take.

I would value the attacjments at about 1200 bucks. The rest would be the tractor.

The price differance for a used to new with 5 year warrentee. Is about double. You aalso would get a machine that is 9 years newer.

What is the modle types? Type of tires and hours.

I would offer him 6k for it all. That would be a decent deal.

On a side note. When I purchased my Kabota. I looked long and hard for hundreds of miles around. Used equipment is just way pver priced for some reason.

A 1972 used modle cost MORE then a brand new unit.

3. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    I have a B8200, about an 85 model, with bucket, 4WD, and a finish mower for $1,500.00 sweat equity. It came with a 3 cylinder diesel with a view of the inside of the engine via a thrown rod. The replacement engine was $300.00 and from a commerical mower. The 19 hp compact tractor should draw $50.00 minimun and 25 per hour for this location. A dealer said it is worth $3,500.00 running right.

There are tractor sites listed in the links archives where you can compare prices.

4. bill not in oh

bill not in oh Well-Known Member

5. wilderness1989

wilderness1989 Well-Known Member

A guy I went to school with just bought a new one like above with a snow blower and most of the attachments above and said it cost over $15,000.

6. Qwispea

Qwispea Well-Known Member

HI,
    Sounds like you don't know a whole lot about tractors..so please..find somebody who does and take him/her along to go look at it. Tractors seem to hold their value very well..and 8K is a whole lot cheaper than 13K to 15K for brand new. It should be clean..no damage..preferably original paint..relatively low miles (under 600 hours for '97 might be considered low)..and make sure all mechanics are in good working order.

Please..find somebody to go with you when you look at it.

7. Hammer4

Hammer4 Well-Known Member

The price will depend on the hours, condition, model, bp, 4wd or 2wd, etc.

Is the bucket a front end loader? Or a scoop that goes on the 3ph?

A front end loader adds 2000 or so to the value by itself.

8. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

Would depend on which model Kubota, and if that is a real loader or a 3pt scoop.

Someone mentioned a new 60" tiller goes for $900????? Is that a 2006 price????? Can't find any for less than $1200 'here', and most are $1400 - 1500. Nothing even close to under a grand. Steel & fuel is up, prices are following.....

--->Paul

9. cc-rider

cc-rider Baroness of TisaWee Farm Supporter

I found the serial number on it and the place it was bought, so I called them to get the info. It was bought new in 1990, and the new tiller and front end loader added 4 years later. He had about $15K in it (even then!).

I bought it for $8K and he delivered it. He even came back later that evening and brought me a FULL 5 gallon can of diesel fuel.

It is a B7100 with hydrostatic transmission, 4WD and diesel. It has 913 hours on it. NICE front end loader with new, heavier-duty, bucket. I can lift the tractor off the ground with the bucket. Big tiller on the back, plus the snowblade, etc. Very good condition, well cared for, always in a garage.

The local implement dealer carries Kubotas, so I stopped there, first. They have a 1986 model....pretty much the same. No implements except a belly mower, and they want $5600. To add a FE Loader would be $3K, and a tiller is $1500. Next to impossible to find those two items used, so would need to buy new. So now that 1986 tractor is costing $10,100. I think $8K is a good deal. It will do what I want to do.

I have 3-1/2 acres of field that I'm trying to convert to a lawn/garden/orchard. If I didn't buy this, I was going to use a shovel, rake, fire, and my little walk-behind tiller. I did about 1000 sq ft that way last fall so I could put some orchard trees in and it took a HARD two days.

I'm happy. :) Thanks for your advice!!! That website was great, too, and kinda clinched the deal.