good news .update on potbellies

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by myrandaandkids, Jul 29, 2006.

1. myrandaandkids

myrandaandkids Well-Known Member

all piglets have sold as pets from the first litter save one male and one female, (female may be sold next thursday,) all sold at my original price, i was very pleased with the homes the last two went to, and i hear they are doing well, one was sold to a very nice gentalmen who harvests wild mushrooms and has trained his piggy to search out the health ones and warn him away from the dangerouse ones, for this reson he cherishe his new pet dearly, the other sold to a young women who works at an animal hospital near chicago who takes it to work with her every day and dotes on her lavishly and uses her to raise awarness of the nessesity of proper treatment of exotic pets. :)

2. Catherine

Catherine Member

Good for you. I have little ones born on the 12th. This is my second litter. The first ones went to all great people. Had to wean out the apartment dwellers who thought these guys wouldn't ever have to go outside. They all seemed to understand with allot of explaining and time!!
    How did you advertise? Do you socialize them first? Mine are so scared. I try to spend time with them. But that's one thing I don't have plenty of. I hope they do come into fashion again. They are the neatest animals.

3. myrandaandkids

myrandaandkids Well-Known Member

mine are hand raised in the house other then their outside play time, i do this so that they are very social by the time thier new mommies and daddies come for them, i advertise in newspapers, websites, and i have signs on my van and hand out brochers from nappa where ever i go.yes they realy are cool, i realy enjoy raising them