Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

An effort to dim the sun to stop global warming has been scrapped by the Swedish Space Agency, who announced that the program, funded by Bill Gates, has ‘divided the scientific community’ and will therefore not be carried out.

The Swedish Space Corporation (SSC) released a statement saying that the Stratospheric Controlled Perturbation Experiment (SCoPEx), which also had secured Harvard funding, will not go ahead as planned in June.

“SSC has had dialogues this spring with both leading experts on geoengineering and with other stakeholders, as well as with the SCoPEx Advisory Board,” the statement reads, adding “As a result of these dialogues and in agreement with Harvard, SSC has decided not to conduct the technical test flight planned for this summer.”

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Bill has moved on to try and screw up agriculture now.

screwing up the entire global stratosphere was a little bit of over reach I guess, but he figures a bunch of backwards farmers he can do better than them and no one else will pay much attention. Well, until the grocery shelves are empty, but it won’t matter then any more.

paul

·
Registered
17,028 Posts

An effort to dim the sun to stop global warming has been scrapped by the Swedish Space Agency, who announced that the program, funded by Bill Gates, has ‘divided the scientific community’ and will therefore not be carried out.

The Swedish Space Corporation (SSC) released a statement saying that the Stratospheric Controlled Perturbation Experiment (SCoPEx), which also had secured Harvard funding, will not go ahead as planned in June.

“SSC has had dialogues this spring with both leading experts on geoengineering and with other stakeholders, as well as with the SCoPEx Advisory Board,” the statement reads, adding “As a result of these dialogues and in agreement with Harvard, SSC has decided not to conduct the technical test flight planned for this summer.”
This is an easy fix. All we have to do is put sunglasses on the earth ya know. That way we can just stop all this global warming thingy.

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Hmm, can't fix homelessness, balance the budget or even find a good septic repair man, but we can spend time and money trying to block the sun.
I just held my hand up slightly above my head and it seems to work.
Next!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts