Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nonfarm Payrolls in the US rose by 528,000 in July, the data published by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics revealed on Friday. This reading followed June's increase of 398,000 (revised from 372,000) and came in better than the market expectation of 250,000. The Unemployment Rate edged lower to 3.5%.

Further details of the publication revealed that the annual wage inflation, as measured by the Average Hourly Earnings, remained unchanged at 5.2%, compared to analysts' estimate of 4.9%. Finally, the Labor Force Participation Rate declined to 62.1% from 62.%.

·
Registered
41,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Imports are cheaper/Export market headwinds
The dollar gathered strength against its major rivals and the US Dollar Index climbed above 106.50 in the early American session on Friday.

·
Registered
41,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This will most likely drive the FED to raise interest rates

·
Registered
41,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Brand

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,697 Posts
"So what's going on here? The simple answer: Fewer people working, but more people working more than one job, a rotation which picked up in earnest some time in March and which has only been captured by the Household survey." read more

It sounds to me like more people are working a 2nd job to make ends meet.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,697 Posts
I've listened to several economists talk as if the data is real. I don't buy it.

I think the data was manipulated so that the administration can continue to argue we are not in a recession. My guess is someone will dig into it a publish the actual truth tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts