Good Luck

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by tambo, Nov 21, 2003.

1. tambo

tambo Well-Known Member

To all the deer hunters we have here.Gun season opens here in TN tomorrow.We have doe permits too.Good Luck and a Safe Hunt to all.

Tambo

2. tambo

tambo Well-Known Member

Well we didn't have any luck today.We heard alot of shots around but we didn't see anything until we were walking out and jumped one.

Tambo

3. Oxankle

Oxankle Well-Known Member

Neighbor woman called today in a swivet wanting to know if I had fired a rifle in the back yard. No, not me. "Well, someone just shot a rifle near you and they should not be shooting so close to houses"

Got on my ATV and rode out to the back of the place, found an neighbor had killed a little doe just across the fence in his grandfather's place. Perfectly legal, no matter where the houses are. He was shooting down into a ravine, as safe as shooting on the range. We have no rocks here and ricochets are almost impossible when shooting into a ravine. The wind just happened to be right to carry the sound to our neighbor lady.

4. tambo

tambo Well-Known Member

Thats the way it is where we hunt too.Someone had us cut off all the way around this weekend.Three of us hunted today and no body saw one.We heard shots all around us.

The owner of the land had it stripped cut last year.Everywhere you look are treetops now.The deer can easily slip by and it is very hard hunting.The logging company or whoever didn't leave a logging road anywhere and the ridges are steep.

I guess there is always the next time.

Tambo