Good links on how to go about training Llamas/Alpacas?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoldenWood Farm, Dec 28, 2004.

1. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

I am training a Alpaca/Llama cross for my friend in exchange for her taking off some money on a kid I am buying from her. I have never trained a Alpaca or a Llama for that matter(yes my friend does know this :D ). I know how to be around them and handle them. I am wondering if there are any good websites that might help me on this quest? I am also looking into buying this little baby. He is 75% Alpaca and 25% Llama. He has BEAUTIFUL wool and its like a chocolate brown color. He is down right beautiful. Plus he is a sweet heart sort of :haha: . I just brought him home today and put him in with my goats...my younger goats that is..he is seperated from the adults right now intill he gets to know them better through the fence. He has been around goats before (he grew up around them since he was born). He is only about 6 1/2 months old and just weaned from his mother..well is being weaned now since he is now away from momma. Any suggestions? So far so good. He is in a smaller pen so I can catch him easy. He already will come up to me and is very inquisitive about everything including me :D . I adore him already. I am guessing since I will be the only one handling him for a while that he will become quite bonded to me?

Thanx!!

MotherClucker

2. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

3. mzzlisa

mzzlisa Well-Known Member