Good leather holster?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by SouthernThunder, Aug 14, 2005.

1. SouthernThunder

SouthernThunder Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a site that sells a good durable leather holster for a revolver? I carry a Smith and Wesson 686+ 7-shot 357 magnum and I have a crapy nylon holster for it.

Yesterday I was climbing up on my backhoe and a nylon loop on the holster broke and the gun fell down and hit the ground hard pointing straight up at my face. (thank God its an S&W!) Years ago I had a good leather rig that came with a 44 mag and carried it every day rain or shine and it never let me down. I think thats what I need for this gun. I need something that will draw smoothe and handle the abuse of being used daily. It don't have to be all decorated up either... Any ideas on where to look?

The sooner the better... there is a bobcat thats had his eye on me the last week or so... sooner or later we're gonna have a showdown! :clap:

2. mamabear

mamabear Well-Known Member

Wish I'd have known. We sold one in a garage sale yesterday for a dollar.
    mamabear

3. SectorSteve

SectorSteve Well-Known Member

www.haugenhandgunleather.com

Quality holsters and a great price. I have atleast one of his holsters for each of my handguns. Plus, Jerry is a great guy. If you need something special or one of his holsters modified, he'll take care of it.
    Steve

4. mamabear

mamabear Well-Known Member

Hi SouthernThunder,
    I just did a search on eBay for leather holsters for 357s and came up with quite a few matches and decent prices. I've bought several sets of gear off there. I'll look around to see if I might have another 357 holster around here. I've switched over to 40c. so I've got rid of most everything else. I'll check though.
    mamabear

5. Sorry S.T. if I seemed a little harsh on you. I've been a outdoorsman for the last 40 or so years. Just about ever since I was old enough to walk. In all my experience out there in the woods I have never had a wild animal of any sort attack me. If I knew it was a dangerous animal all I would do is just stand there a motionless and after a few minutes it would know I meant no harm and eventaully walk or run off. I've had bobcats come right under my treestand or coyotes come right up to my blind and show me their white teeth. But as long as I didn't make any sudden moves they all would leave. Most of the time....Quickly! And I would have to admit that at one time when I was young I would kill something just to go show it off and brag about it. Not anymore. I even slow down and let the snake cross the highway or dirt road.

As far as the leather holster goes, have you checked out your area pawn shops? Seems everytime I go in one their's all kinds of holsters laying around.