Good land search engine?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Cygnet, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Cygnet

Cygnet Well-Known Member Supporter

Can anyone reccomend a good land search engine?

I've been messing around with Realtor.com and if I tell it "2 acres or more" it still gives me listings of literally hundreds of unsuitable lots that are too small or don't fit my criteria, all mixed in with the few lots that MIGHT -- and they don't split Gisela and Rye (the towns I'm looking at) out of Payson (which is very expensive and has very restrictive town building codes).

What I want to try to find is 2 to 5 acres, fairly flat, preferably with small "beater" mobile home already on it. As long as the MH will keep the elements out, that'd be all I'd need until I could save up for enough money for a site built home. And under $50K for the lot, because I'd almost certainly have to sink a $25K or better well (thousand foot wells are not uncommon in N. AZ).

Sigh.

This is just sort've a pipe dream, but I'm cranky -- I just spent all night getting up seemingly every five minutes to figure out what my dogs were barking at. 3 stray dogs, one stray teenager crossing my lot, one strange car that came up my driveway and turned around rather drunkenly. I've got a whole bunch of new neighbors, a suspected meth lab somewhere in the neighborhood by the foul odors I've been smelling, ... and I think the city's found me. OTOH, my lot values have quadrupled. Maybe it's time to move.

(Logistics would be a nightmare, though. 100 chickens, four goats, four cats, two dogs, and a guinea. "Uh, I'll sell you the lot, but I've got to rent for a few months while I move the zoo, please ...")

Leva

2. cybercat

cybercat prowler of the internet

Just use more option button on realtor.com. You can narrow it alot that way. I cut it down to land only. Look at the bar on the first listing they give you it tell you how close a match you have. Anything below 98% is not worth looking at so it is starts there they have nothing for you. Your other choice contact the local realtors and have them looking for you.

Good Luck
    Tamara

3. Tax York

Tax York Member

have you try at http://www.unitedcountry.com ? it wouldnt show as many home like realtor.com. or you can call to local realtor, they might will help you to find you some piece of land you want.