Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One current thread has someone suggesting that they let a young girl that is obviously not the ideal mother to let her kill herself and that is nature's way of culling. I mean, dear Lord people.
Breastfeeding poll.......sounds all innocent, until someone seems OFFENDED by how others live. If it doesn't work for you,that is fine....so MOVE along. But noooooooooooo....we have to make a few pot shots at those are DIFFERENT than us. Jeezers. I had to check the page I was on a few times to see if I was in General Chat instead.
Rough crowd here tonight.
God Bless,
Michele

·
USMC can't fix stupid(s)
2,736 Posts
maybe it's just a night where those who have a different opinion happen to post? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cindy,
I don't know how she does it either. But I think she needs like a medal. A big shiny one. REALLY big one.
God Bless,
Michele

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe they are having a full moon week? We do that with birthdays, my kids think it is a birthday WEEK. LOL
God Bless,
Michele

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Yep - full moon!

·
Keeping the Dream Alive
1,270 Posts
Yep - most of them will feel better after they've brushed their fangs and combed their face though.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Let it die out and not start another.
Or this one will be the same way.

bumpus

·
Keeping the Dream Alive
1,270 Posts
Won't it come up again every month anyway?
And once in a blue moon it'll be twice in a month!

·
Keeping the Dream Alive
1,270 Posts
NOTE: Would those that are affected by the full moon please arrange their dental and hair dressing appointments on different days to avoid terrorising the staff. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think you are correct! LOL
Besides I had to stay up almost all night and up again with a poor sweet teething 5 month old.....it sure did make for an interesting way to pass the time. Though I think I would have rather read about Melissa's shee........errrr......I mean her DAUGHTERS sheep. Or Mitch's rambling thoughts. Or how Rose's move to the pole barn is going. Lots of other things other than those whose pants were filled with ants.
God Bless,
Michele

·
winding down
3,471 Posts
At the risk of being a problem child myself, I'll say that one of the problems I see is that people can't agree to disagree. I mean, if someone disagrees with the OP in a thread, they often get jumped on for 'being negative', when it's not a negative comment...it's just a different opinion. They get told they should keep their opinions to themselves, and chastised for not 'being nice'.

I think expressing a different opinion is usually a good thing. How else can we relate to each other, if we don't understand each other's viewpoints? Obviously, sometimes the opinions aren't well-expressed, but I think that often stems from posters being defensive, because they know that a different opinion is not going to be welcome.

I will say that the people on here for whom I have the most respect are sometimes those with whom I disagree most vehemently...but I respect their willingness to state their opinion in matter-of-fact style, and stand by their opinion with a smile. Of course, there are people on here who state their opinions just as well...but I agree with them! That makes it so much easier! :rolleyes: And of course, there are the folks that I agree with sometimes, and not others...go figure. :shrug: But I think we should all be willing to hear the viewpoints of others, and their reasoning for it. Why not?

Meg

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Meg,
I could not agree more and I don't think your a problem child! :)
I welcome all differing views when I am seeking to understand or work through a problem. How can I ever grow? But sadly there are people whose only intentions are to spread hate or to belittle others. Those were the ones I was referring to. Telling someone who had a young lady with a baby (who may or may not be on drugs) using them that she should get the baby away from her and let her kill herself and likened the whole thing to nature and it's way of culling unwanted people........blech. Not so much. Then the whole nasty comment about breastfeeding. Which really was just a different opinion but served up with a whole lot of bitter biting comments. Just wasn't helpful or needed. If the only way they can state their opinion is to try to belittle someone else's choice, then it speak more about them. Just seemed like people were punchy last night.........or maybe I was? Ack. LOL
God Bless,
Michele

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
MicheleMomof4 said:
I had to check the page I was on a few times to see if I was in General Chat instead.
Rough crowd here tonight.
God Bless,
Michele

You and me both... :shrug: Ah, I've got enough on my plate right now to worry about :)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Actually, where is Melissa? She hasn't posted since 07/27, did she tell us she was going away for a while and I missed it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts